Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Changes coming to rules, forums

These changes are incoming for the Rules of Conduct and forums

Guidelines/rules text

ADD -
(Things to avoid)
Bumping threads: While it is okay to revive a stagnant thread with new, relevant comments, it is not permissible to ‘bump’ threads with unconstructive content, such as simply posting the word “bump”.

Registration terms & rules

ADD -
When you register on our site, you will be added to our mailing list, and you will receive our weekly newsletter, As the Crow Flies…, as well as occasional notifications of special events and promotions. You may opt out of this list at any time by using the Unsubscribe link in any of our emails or by contacting support@artcraftent.com. ArtCraft Entertainment will not sell or share your email address with any third party.

Changes to the Crowfall forums

• The “Crowfall” root category will become “Crowfall Gameplay”
  • “Testing” will be changed from a root category to a parent category under “Crowfall Gameplay” and will include these sub-forums: Test News and Announcements (read-only), Updates (read-only; for patch notes and known issues), Bugs and Anomalies, Test General Discussion
  • The “Community” root category will become “Crowfall Community”
  • The “Fan Art & Fiction” forum will be renamed "Community Creations" and the description changed to include music, gifs, videos, etc.
  • The “Fan Sites” forum will be renamed "Crows of a Feather" and the description changed to include podcasts, webcasts and streamers
  • “Other Discussions” will be renamed “Beyond Crowfall”, a parent category for non-Crowfall discussions. This section will include these forums: “Off-Topic”, “Tech Talk” (replacing “Hardware”, a forum for discussing electronic/digital technology) and “The Boneyard” (new), a parent for these sub-forums: Other Games, Shadowbane and Star Wars Galaxies

P.S. We moved "Report a Bug" from the Other Discussions section to the Crowfall Community section. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Nevermind.

Edited by hamopeche

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

So basically cosmetics and auto sub to the newsletter. OH EM GEE THEY ARE GOING IN A WHOLE NEW DIRECTION WITH THE GAME I'M PULLING MY BACKER PLEDGE!

I kid.

Edited by Zim

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

where did they touch you

lol nah ya got it backwards. Just an observation of the whining that is usually seen when theres any changes made around here.

Edited by pang

Since the day the site went up, people who registered were added the mailing list. All I did was put a note in the registration terms to specifically address it. 

Since the day the site went up, people who registered were added the mailing list. All I did was put a note in the registration terms to specifically address it. 

Can we request guidance as to whether the "Guild Recruiting" forum will be exempt from the "bump" rule?  I've always seen it as the exception, but figured I'd get that clarified.

Can we request guidance as to whether the "Guild Recruiting" forum will be exempt from the "bump" rule?  I've always seen it as the exception, but figured I'd get that clarified.

I don't see why. You can update your guild thread in a more clever way than writing "bump" I think.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Why pretend you're contributing content when you're just bumping a thread for visibility?  There's no reason for the charade.

Good point. Why put effort into recruiting and confuse players into thinking you're not a dead, useless, and stupid guild. Let them use "bump" so good players aren't confused.

Can always at least update with what you're doing or what kind of players you need. If everyone is just going to bump every time they aren't at the top of the forum we may as well just have a directory instead, because it will be nothing but bump spam.

Good point. Why put effort into recruiting and confuse players into thinking you're not a dead, useless, and stupid guild. Let them use "bump" so good players aren't confused.

Can always at least update with what you're doing or what kind of players you need. If everyone is just going to bump every time they aren't at the top of the forum we may as well just have a directory instead, because it will be nothing but bump spam.

I've served as a recruiting officer before and have not only managed but watched others manage their recruiting threads.  The only pertinent information is ever in the OP, the rest is all about thread visibility.  Thus, creating a ban against bumping threads is pointless.  Look at some of the threads out there currently and ask yourself how much you've gained from reading through Lantern Watch's 145 pages of their members talking to each other.

Isn't it just easier to "bump"?

I've served as a recruiting officer before and have not only managed but watched others manage their recruiting threads.  The only pertinent information is ever in the OP, the rest is all about thread visibility.  Thus, creating a ban against bumping threads is pointless.  Look at some of the threads out there currently and ask yourself how much you've gained from reading through Lantern Watch's 145 pages of their members talking to each other.

Yes, but is there a better way than forums? If you have more than a page of guilds, it may very well become people just constantly bumping. That's annoying. Seems like a directory with high level guild information and a short comment makes more sense at that point (with a page with more info - like a profile). Perhaps add some mechanism to remove guilds from the list of they seem inactive.

There isn't a ban on bumping guild threads. Using only the word "bump" is.

(Things to avoid)

Bumping threads: While it is okay to revive a stagnant thread with new, relevant comments, it is not permissible to ‘bump’ threads with unconstructive content, such as simply posting the word “bump”.

Again, 'bump' your thread with some relevant comment and you're fine.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

There is no exception for the guild forum. It's easy to estimate that after three pages of nothing but "bump" posts, we would get requests to go in and clean them all out. And then there would be the question of how many times per day people can "bump". At least with the 'constructive content" requirement, some of that will be curbed. 

The bottom line is that there's not really any elegant solution to the issues that surround guild recruitment forums.