Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunzaga

Alpha 2 invites will be sent... When?

I expect a date for an answer, not a word: 'Soon', and not a phrase: 'When it is ready'.  Just a single, honest, straightforward date.

There is no date, so we can't give you one.

All depends on how the test will progress. If the test goes well -the client and server are stable- more will be invited. The start of the test will begin somewhere in November. ACE did never communicate an exact date.

Invite order Pre-Alpha > Alpha 1 > Alpha 2 and within the backers level in order of backing.

I think it's fair to assume that Alpha 2 backers won't get invited until somewhere in December.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I am quite certain YOU can't give me a date, but I am sure the developers already know what it is.  If the developers truly aren't planning to send out invites to people who purchased Alpha 2 bundles until December, it is considered false advertising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

So for their sake, I hope you are wrong.

Well, you're asking this in the Community Question & Answer forum ...

It's not false advertisement. They said the test begins in November, which is true. Alpha 2 backers will get invited eventually, which is true too. The wrong thing to do is assume Alpha 2 backers get invited right away in November, which apparently you did.

Sorry this doesn't match your expectations, we all are very excited to test the game (again) too. Any issues regarding your issue should be written in a email to support@artcraftent.com

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I am quite certain YOU can't give me a date, but I am sure the developers already know what it is.  If the developers truly aren't planning to send out invites to people who purchased Alpha 2 bundles until December, it is considered false advertising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

So for their sake, I hope you are wrong.

They said the next test starts in November. I have no doubt that it will. They've also said that testers will be invited in order, pre-alphas first, then alpha 1s, then alpha 2s, based on the order in which they initially pledged. Nowhere did they guarantee that every group would get invited in November. The test could start November 30th and they'd still be 100% accurate in their estimate, and that's all it is, an estimate. You bought a pledge package which entitles you to alpha 2 testing. It's entirely up to Artcraft when that testing begins. Considering the fact that we are still in pre-alpha and you are going to get to test within the next few weeks, I'd say you are ahead of the game.

Demanding to be given a date when you will be invited and throwing around accusations of false advertising isn't a good way to make friends or influence people. 

Edited by Arkade

You'll get in and you'll know the date when the rest of us do. Calm down and wait like the rest of us.

And yeah this is game development, nothing is guaranteed regardless of what you've spent and how entitled you think you are. poorly made socks happens and stuff gets changed best to learn that now so don't have freak outs over every little thing for the next year until launch.

Edited by pang

I purchased a package based on the following quote:

"NEXT TEST : NOVEMBER 2015 (COMBAT)

INVITATIONS WILL BE SENT TO BACKERS WITH THE PRE-ALPHA, ALPHA 1 AND ALPHA 2 REWARDS!"

That looks like a guarantee to me.  It doesn't say there is a chance to be sent an invite, or they will 'start' sending invites in November.  It clearly states that the next testing phase starts in November for Combat, and that all backers from pre-alpha to alpha 2 will get invitations.

Where is the assumption?  Where is the misinterpretation?

You may have missed it, but it's still November. 

I expect a date for an answer, not a word: 'Soon', and not a phrase: 'When it is ready'.  Just a single, honest, straightforward date.

When will Alpha 2 invitations be sent?

November 30th.

Or possibly earlier, if we're lucky.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully