Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunzaga

Alpha 2 invites will be sent... When?

Ahhh, us Mericans & our "I'm entitled to this & that" attitude. You're a backer dude. Last I saw, it wrote pledge & not buy under the dollar amount you DONATED. I'm sure the test is going to be just as long as they planned it will be. So if they planned it to be 1 month is going to be 1 month, if they planned for 2 weeks, it's going to be 2 weeks.

94d3694d-21cd-461f-afe1-69b22f882477.jpg

Haha, I guess they would be facing a law suit if that was true.  Good joke though :D

they would give you a refund if you want one and thats it !!

If you could take every developer to court because they lied about a release date or something, games like Star Citizen would never be released cause of lawsuits. Im a backer of SC and willing to wait but their "release dates" are often months away from the actual release of new builds etc.

Be patient, it wont kill you if you can play a few weeks later than expected.

So much entitlement in this thread, jeezus

You mean expecting something for the money you spent?   I'd hope so!

Anyway...

I don't know why anyone would demand a date from the devs.   There is not date until they are ready, that's been clear and never suggested otherwise.

However invites going to people based on date is not so clear or reasonable.    The Pledge store clearly states which group you are in based on pledge and says nothing about "maybe" which is implied in the forums.   Anyone who bought say a gold package and doesn't get an invite has every right to be upset.   If it's advertised that you will be in the alpha 2 group which is part of a particular test then you should get an invite no ifs ands or buts.

Anyone who bought say a gold package and doesn't get an invite has every right to be upset.   If it's advertised that you will be in the alpha 2 group which is part of a particular test then you should get an invite no ifs ands or buts.

From what I read, every alpha 2 pledge will be able to join in at some point, it will just be sent in waves so those who pledged to an alpha 2 a long time ago will get in earlier than a person who just bought a package this week or last week.  It seems very fair to me and people will just need to be patient.  

Edited by Ticonz

In case some haven't noticed, I'll go ahead and state the obvious.  This is PRE-Alpha testing.

Not Alpha stage 1 testing.  Not alpha stage 2 testing.  PRE-Alpha.

The fact that Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 backers are getting into testing at this stage is a nice gift from the devs not a right.

Unless of course you're a 1%'er that could afford $5000 for a diamond pledge.  

THEN you have a right by purchase to demand something.

Edited by Kason

Anyway...

I don't know why anyone would demand a date from the devs.   There is not date until they are ready, that's been clear and never suggested otherwise.

However invites going to people based on date is not so clear or reasonable.    The Pledge store clearly states which group you are in based on pledge and says nothing about "maybe" which is implied in the forums.   Anyone who bought say a gold package and doesn't get an invite has every right to be upset.   If it's advertised that you will be in the alpha 2 group which is part of a particular test then you should get an invite no ifs ands or buts.

Uh, that was pretty much my point.. I pledged for alpha 2 group access, but any demands for getting my testing invitation before due time would be utter foolishness.

Member of The BlackHand Order

Let's just hope we get invited soon, that's all we can do.

Indeed my pledge also contains Alpha 2, but if it goes in waves that's fine. I am an early Gold backer on Kickstarter myself.

Put it this way, the way you asked makes you sound like an entitled brat, so stop. But for your information, I got mine today, I was Backer #13 on Kickstarter (So I'm obviously the beginning of Alpha 2) but nonetheless, they are already being sent out.

Put it this way, the way you asked makes you sound like an entitled brat, so stop. But for your information, I got mine today, I was Backer #13 on Kickstarter (So I'm obviously the beginning of Alpha 2) but nonetheless, they are already being sent out.

Did the invite say when the next test is?

Another meaningless post in a thread of meaningless posts, thank you for your contribution.  FYI, I am only 'entitled' to what I purchased:

"NEXT TEST : NOVEMBER 2015 (COMBAT)

INVITATIONS WILL BE SENT TO BACKERS WITH THE PRE-ALPHA, ALPHA 1 AND ALPHA 2 REWARDS!"

Was there something intelligent you wanted to contribute to the discussion?  Perhaps a reason why it is ok for companies to falsely advertise access to a product or service, and then expect everyone to be ok with it when they don't deliver.  Am I supposed to just ignore these facts, and be a fanboy like everyone else here?  I'm sorry but the law is the law.  If it is broken, people should be held accountable for their actions.  I did not contribute money 'in the hopes' of being able to test the game this month.  I donated with the understanding that I WILL be able to test the game this month.

Is that so difficult for people from other countries to fathom?

I see where you are trying to go with this, but it doesn't work the way you want it to.

You pledged with the understanding that you would be put into a testing group.

If Apha 2 testing group doesn't get into the test until December, you wont be testing in November.

There is no false adversitement as the testing announcement wasn't an advertisement. It was a Testing update. Letting the community know where they stood on their testing schedule and who may expect invites in the near future. It does not in any way appear to be a guarantee when I read it.

Haha, I guess they would be facing a law suit if that was true.  Good joke though :D

Law suit? You would be laughed out of a lawyers office.

Anyway...

Its a necessity for the Devs to go by dates in certain circumstances. Say they need 100 Testers for a very specific test.

Example with made up figures...

There are 10 Pre-Alpha testers total...they pull all of them

There are 50 Alpha 1 Testers total...they pull all of them

There are 356 Alpha 2 Testers total.....Pulling this whole group would cause them to have too many testers to meet the specific need they had. So they take the 40 who pledged to that level first. This seems to me to be very fair, and a very methodical way of performing their tests.

I just pledged and am in Alpha 2. I expect Ill get an invite at some point during Alpha 2 testing. It will be on the games schedule though, Not mine.