Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunzaga

Alpha 2 invites will be sent... When?

I made a purchase decision based on information presented to me at the time of purchase.  

For the record I'm not trying to flame-bait you into an argument so let's be clear about that up front.  :)

I'm simply saying that maybe the line I quoted is where your thinking on the matter went south.  Yes you made a purchase decision based on available information.  Perfectly natural, we all do it.  You interpreted that as an implied guarantee on getting to test on a specific date, when the reality of the situation is that isn't the way these things work.  Developers always invite the numbers they need in ever increasing waves based on specific things they need tested at a given time.  Due to the fluid nature of game development, even the devs must be flexible and understand that timelines slip and unforeseen things happen which must be corrected before next steps can begin.  Therefore giving exact dates is not only impossible, but unrealistic.  So maybe you assumed too much.  That is all I'm saying.  

Edited by Kason

I am in Alpha 2 and I got my invite email yesterday the 23rd.  Got the client downloaded and ready to go for tonight.

Im guessing they are sending them out in stages, as i don't have one

Uh, that was pretty much my point.. I pledged for alpha 2 group access, but any demands for getting my testing invitation before due time would be utter foolishness.

Why would that be foolish?  I really am amazed at how gamers, mainly, are so willing to be abused as customers if it's their favored publisher doing it.

The pledge store and the entitlement pages are very clear, there is no ambiguity, you are either in or not in a particular alpha/beta group.   Mine is Alpha group 2.   It says nothing at all about phased invites within the group, or based on "capacity", or the mood of the person managing invites.   It says you are in the group period.

Referencing obscure forum posts as to making it "ok" (just saying) is what would be absurd.   The law is very clear about marketing and advertisements, if it's not in writing where the product is advertised then it doesn't apply.   Forum posts don't count.

If the Crowfall team wants to avoid this in the future they need to change the wording in each package to clearly state, either in note or within the body text itself, that group invites go out in phases over the course of a alpha/beta test.

Anything else is misleading and quite possibly intentionally so.   Why should I, as a paying customer (paying a significant amount I should add!) care about the need to phase invites?   That should not be my problem it is the developers problem.  If capacity is an issue then they need to add capacity or not sell invites they can't support from the very start of the test phase they are advertised for.

I paid a lot of money as have a lot of others, I am not obligated to be reasonable about receiving exactly what was advertised.

The pledge store and the entitlement pages are very clear, there is no ambiguity, you are either in or not in a particular alpha/beta group.   Mine is Alpha group 2.   It says nothing at all about phased invites within the group, or based on "capacity", or the mood of the person managing invites.   It says you are in the group period.

Are you complaining about being let in to test the pre-alpha early?

You are entitled to participate in Alpha 2.  Alpha 2 has not started, and will not be starting for some time.

You have been invited to test pre-alpha early. How is this a problem?

IhhQKY6.gif

Why would that be foolish?  I really am amazed at how gamers, mainly, are so willing to be abused as customers if it's their favored publisher doing it.

When they begin Alpha 2 testing, you will be in. This is still Pre-Alpha. You are not entitled to anything in Pre-Alpha since you didn't give them enough money for that entitlement. They are allowing players in other groups to test early. That is all.

Referencing obscure forum posts as to making it "ok" (just saying) is what would be absurd.   The law is very clear about marketing and advertisements, if it's not in writing where the product is advertised then it doesn't apply.   Forum posts don't count.

If the Crowfall team wants to avoid this in the future they need to change the wording in each package to clearly state, either in note or within the body text itself, that group invites go out in phases over the course of a alpha/beta test.

Again, you would be laughed out of a lawyers office. Don't talk about understanding the law when you cant even wrap your head around the stages of game development and testing.

The packages are extremely clear. You are overthinking and making it more difficult than it is.

Anything else is misleading and quite possibly intentionally so.   Why should I, as a paying customer (paying a significant amount I should add!) care about the need to phase invites?   That should not be my problem it is the developers problem.  If capacity is an issue then they need to add capacity or not sell invites they can't support from the very start of the test phase they are advertised for.

I paid a lot of money as have a lot of others, I am not obligated to be reasonable about receiving exactly what was advertised.

You should care about how they invite.

1) You should be happy they are allowing up to Alpha 2 testers in the Pre-Alpha Testing

2) You want the game to be the best it can be...so you should let them test in a way that allows them to make the best game they can make.

If you are so worried about your money, why did you give it so easily while being ignorant of what everything was? If you don't understand testing phases, why didn't you research it a little? Would have saved you a lot of tears.

All Alpha 2 people have been invited to the Hunger Dome.  If you didn't get an email check your spam, and then email support@artcraftent.com if you can't find it.  I'll check for people who upgraded / newly purchased every day there is a test (or the night before) to get them added.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Are you complaining about being let in to test the pre-alpha early?

You are entitled to participate in Alpha 2.  Alpha 2 has not started, and will not be starting for some time.

You have been invited to test pre-alpha early. How is this a problem?

lol seriously, Only in the gaming community do you see bitching and moaning when we are actually getting more then what was promised.

Crayon version, You got Alpha 2 Access and you are being let in to test before the actual Alpha 2 phase.

Anyways I can't wait to finally start, been away all weekend plus Monday and Tuesday so tomorrow tonights test will be the first time I get to play test the game! B)

Edited by pang

lol, we're getting more than we're promised and people still find a way to gripe.... ultra sigh

Member of The BlackHand Order