Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-alpha 1.1 - in living color! - Official discussion thread

Why you gotta do me like this? I wont be home tonight /sadface

It's only for Pre-Alpha peeps anyway. None of us Alpha 1 commoner plebs will be able to play anyways.

I just skimmed the video but... BLINDED!

Rather than imposing some arbitrary stat penalty they cut your vision to a tiny slit... That's awesome. I've had games which blur the screen before, but nothing that went to this extreme. 

I'm really enjoying the visuals. There's a nice level of consistency between characters and the environment. I can easily tell where players are, which is important in combat, without them looking like they don't belong. It's also nice that skills aren't just neon explosions all over the place.

Maybe I'm the only one but I feel like color is a convenience feature.  I think it ruins the game.  If they want to keep with their vision they need to go back to grey box.

Also Champion seems way to OP. He gets bigger with his Ultimate Warrior skill and everyone knows that bigger is better. His size shouldn't increase.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

Anyone else getting locked in the patcher when it asks for your username/password?

Yes, but it may be that we have to download a new patcher for this test. As I am alpha 1, I haven't got the email yet. Or maybe it's locked because I haven't been invited yet, though in that case I'd expect it to try to log in and fail, rather than clicking the button and nothing happens.

Yes, but it may be that we have to download a new patcher for this test. As I am alpha 1, I haven't got the email yet. Or maybe it's locked because I haven't been invited yet, though in that case I'd expect it to try to log in and fail, rather than clicking the button and nothing happens.

Yes I would definitely expect  a new crowfall exe sent in the mail

Why wait until 1 hour prior to the test to announce it?

Feels like a bad marketing move imho. Anyway, hyped for 1.1 :)

Or maybe they wanted this announcement to roll out yesterday, but the 3rd party they were waiting on was Polygon who only just posted the Champion video.

rSHxVEY.gif

As a reminder, testing invites will be sent in waves to all backers with the Pre-AlphaAlpha 1 and Alpha 2reward tiers, in that order – and, within each group, in waves based on the date that you first backed the project.

I am wondering about the backer dates for people who bought a package using the lay away option. For example I bought the gold package using layaway I am wondering if my backer date starts from when I made my first payment on my pledge package or it starts from when I have finished paying for the whole package. Does anyone know?