Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-alpha 1.1 - in living color! - Official discussion thread

Just want to make sure I shouldn't be looking for an email. I was a backer who upgraded to gold in the Halloween event. Still says Alpha 3 on my account page.  

You'll be fixed before we get to Alpha 2 folks, promise!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Half of the Alpha 1 testers were invited this evening for tomorrow's test (even though the email said Tuesday, not Thursday, my mistake).  Hopefully they'll help us find more bugs to fix and move us closer to inviting even more of you.

This did cause some confusion.  The News post says "tonight", which is Wednesday the 18th, but the mail said Tuesday, which is yesterday, and the date said the 19th which is tomorrow.   :wacko:

It's only for Pre-Alpha peeps anyway. None of us Alpha 1 commoner plebs will be able to play anyways.

Hum

You can't download until we entitle your account for the test.  You'll get an email right after that happens well before a test starts.

Strange because i've received the email for the test....so i'm a bit confused because when i'm checking the entitlement it says i'm not in.

Quite disturbing

The email : 

Dear Crows,

We will soon be sending playtests notifications in a new way, via MailChimp. Please be sure that these email addresses are added to your Contacts list so you don’t miss a message from us: support@artcraftent.com and no-reply@artcraftent.com.

Now, about Pre-alpha 1.1…

JOIN US IN THE HUNGER DOME!

Tuesday, November 19, 2015

7 to 9 pm, CST 

- Download the Patcher client at xxxxxxxxxx

- Unzip into a new, empty file before running the "CrowfallUpdate.exe" patcher to get the latest client version  (once you have this latest CrowfallUpdate, you don't need to download it again)

- If you run the client, you will see the servers but none will be available for login until the designated date and time noted above.

Welcome to Crowfall! We look forward to seeing you in the latest Hunger Dome.

The Crowfall Team

ArtCraft Entertainment

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

As a reminder, testing invites will be sent in waves to all backers with the Pre-Alpha, Alpha 1 and Alpha 2reward tiers, in that order – and, within each group, in waves based on the date that you first backed the project.

I am wondering about the backer dates for people who bought a package using the lay away option. For example I bought the gold package using layaway I am wondering if my backer date starts from when I made my first payment on my pledge package or it starts from when I have finished paying for the whole package. Does anyone know?

It's the day you first bought something, so when you started the layaway.

y9tj8G5.png

I have not received my e-mail even though I thought I was at the right lvl backer for this alpha session

From your forum badge, it looks like you are Amber level, which is Alpha 2. Alpha 2s have not been invited yet. I imagine it will be within the next few days.

So the new stretch goal is to hit the release date, if I am interpreting this right.

I am fine with that, I was expecting that already.

Releasing this game in 2016 with the promised content by now is even more than very ambitious.

So its understandable that they have to focus on delivering the promised content at the promised date.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Whoah I have just realised there was a video. Both the champion and the environment look amazing. I especially liked how everything looks colourful, a bit cartoonish and gritty at the same time. It kind of gives this feeling of a dark fairy tale.

Edited by rajah

Is it wrong that I can start a new topic within the testing - subforum/reply to posts within these forums but haven't received any mail about the test? Or was there an error about that on my account - because I do think that I'm in the 2nd half of Alpha 1 testers.

Also I'm still/again in the testers group sooo.... Idk...

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Did you unsubscribe from the newsletter?

We are transitioning to a new method or sending out the playtest notifications, using the same mail program (MailChimp) that's used for newsletters. If you had previously unsubscribed from our mailing list, you'll need to contact Support to resubscribe. 

If that's not the problem, check your spam folder.

You can also go to https://backers.crowfall.com/#/client and see if you can download the patcher. If you can, you have been invited.

Did you unsubscribe from the newsletter?

If that's not the problem, check your spam folder.

You can also go to https://backers.crowfall.com/#/client and see if you can download the patcher. If you can, you have been invited.

Thanks, I did unsubscribe (whyever and whenever I did this). Thanks for the link.

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

If Artcraft says today is Tuesday, then it must be Tuesday.  I don't care about the small details though.  Looking forward to the bug squashing.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

From your forum badge, it looks like you are Amber level, which is Alpha 2. Alpha 2s have not been invited yet. I imagine it will be within the next few days.

thanks bud

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

Ohh man, I cant wait to see some more crowcaine until I finally get in myself!

Environment looks great, new music sounds epic, only thing missing is my invite

Hopefully the streamers are ready for tonight!