Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pre-alpha 1.1 - in living color! - Official discussion thread

Random trivial question for someone who has already made it into an alpha... Are our character names in the alpha tied to our forum names? 

There are certain people I hope to cross swords with, but the ability to choose our names could determine if I play the role of bait or of hunter. (or if i just PM and say "You! I wish to fight you! When will you play!)

;)

Random trivial question for someone who has already made it into an alpha... Are our character names in the alpha tied to our forum names? 

There are certain people I hope to cross swords with, but the ability to choose our names could determine if I play the role of bait or of hunter. (or if i just PM and say "You! I wish to fight you! When will you play!)

;)

Nope you can choose any name you want :)

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Nope you can choose any name you want :)

Thanks! I figured that's how it would be when the game went live, but I didn't know if it was that way in the alpha. 

Thanks! I figured that's how it would be when the game went live, but I didn't know if it was that way in the alpha. 

Well you can cehck on twitch in 30 minute, the test will start soon normally and i know some people are gonna stream it  :D

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

We both know It's me you're hoping to meet in-game and see if you can chip away more than 5% of my hp bar. Well, sorry to disappoint but I didn't pledge into Alpha-testing, because I'd rather check a more accomplished Beta.

Don't despair, though! A friend of mine lost interest in CF few weeks back and left his alpha-entitled account to me. I might peek into the december test if I find the time to do so. I hope they'll align character to mouse-view by that time instead of that silly asynchronous movement atm. (which does not contribute to skill, contrary to what one dev said; WSAD-surprise-attack my ass!)

Edited by Qbs

Well you can cehck on twitch in 30 minute, the test will start soon normally and i know some people are gonna stream it  :D

Wish I could! We have company tonight!

We both know It's me you're hoping to meet in-game and see if you can chip away more than 5% of my hp bar. Well, sorry to disappoint but I didn't pledge into Alpha-testing, because I'd rather check a more accomplished Beta.

Don't despair, though! A friend of mine lost interest in CF few weeks back and left his alpha-entitled account to me. I might peek into the december test if I find the time to do so. I hope they'll align character to mouse-view by that time instead of that silly asynchronous movement atm. (which does not contribute to skill, contrary to what one dev said; WSAD-surprise-attack my ass!)

Though we obviously disagree on things, you weren't the particular person I was thinking of.

I accept your challenge though, I'll aim for 20% of your HP :P

I am under no illusions about my skill level, I don't have the reflexes for it. 

There is a particular person on the forums, who I wont name, that I prefer an anonymous fight with. If they recognize me from the forums, they will likely act differently than if they are fighting any random person. In order to understand their PoV I need to see them in their natural element ;)

I am under no illusions about my skill level, I don't have the reflexes for it.

Don't feel disencouraged. The combat in CF is comperatively very slow; along with the ability system it acts like a bottle neck for individual skill (motoric, sensoric, cognition etc.). So in small fights you should be fine but the larger the fight gets the more tactical advantage for seasoned players.

EDIT: I've played the previous alpha for an hour or so on my friends account. To me it felt like slow-mo and as if someone had chained me to the ground when using kills (no, it was not the latency). It felt simlar to SWTOR with its locked in animations.

Edited by Qbs

I haven't been here in a while nice to see when i check my mail there is an invite into the pre-alpha waiting for me. Thx devs!

Me and my buddies are always looking for friendly people to game with. Are you that type of person? Then look us up @ www.seireitei.info ;)

Champion looks pretty awesome. However I am concerned with the speed of the game's animations still (I know the Champion is supposed to be slow but GEEEEEEZ!)

Hopefully you guys have one of those "knobs" where you can experiment with different animation speeds. I know a lot of us would like to see things be considerably faster across the board.

its probably the weapon type being really slow. There will be ways of swinging faster im sure. Like buffs and different weapons.

ezgzn8.jpg

id say wall thickness is important to implement pvp on top of them.

And making sieging a bigger task than cutting through a paper wall...

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!