Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Test: Thursday, Nov 19, 7-9 pm Central

Announcing the playtest session for tonight! I'm also about to send out an email (via MailChimp, as previously mentioned) to all Pre-Alpha group members. Alpha 1 folks, check your Inbox this afternoon, too; some of you will also be receiving an invitation today! If you are in the Alpha 1 group and didn't get an invitation yet, don't despair. The wait won't be much longer. 

Here's how the invitations are rolled out. First, it's according to group--currently, these groups are Pre-Alpha and Alpha 1. Next, it goes by backer date.

For today's test, we figured we need about 500 people. So, we're inviting all of the Pre-Alphas and then as many of the Alpha 1s as needed to hit 500.

Here's another scenario we're asked about:

Q: I backed the game during Kickstarter with a Contributor package. Last week, I put an Amber package on layaway. Am I in the Alpha 2 group now? 

A: Until the balance due on the Amber package is paid, your account is still at the Contributor level. When the Amber is paid off, then you will be automatically put into the Alpha 2 group. Once in the Alpha 2 group, you will be queued according to your original backer date (the date you pledged with the Contributor package). 

Edited by Pann
Updating with additional information

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I've edited my post to clarify that it will be all of Pre-Alpha and some Alpha 1.

Edited by Pann
UPDATED AGAIN - because today is crazy and the edit was wrong -- had it right the first time!

2 AM - 4 AM CET/CEST

5 AM - 7 AM GMT+4

I will be here hopefully!

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Hrm... Will try to be there tonight. Is it possible to update the client before you launch the game? Every time I try running the updater I get a frozen windows explorer.

CORRECTION (with HUGE, humble apologies for the confusion)! 

Today's invitations are being sent to all PRE-ALPHA and some ALPHA 1 backers. No Alpha 2s yet. 

I am very, very sorry for the miscommunication and any disappointment. 

I'll wait until there are convenient schedules for european players =(

I wanted to play so badly but 2AM a Friday:(

Edited by Aang

We're going to have some playtests in the future that will be at more EU-friendly times. In these initial tests, it's important that we have as many members of the team on hand, and wide awake, to address any important issues that may come to light. Although we have daily internal tests and find things that need to be fixed, having external testers takes it to another level -- and reveals even more. Once we get the first wrinkles ironed out, we can run tests with fewer hands on deck. 

needing 500 players does that mean each player is limited to the time they can play? so when I get an Invitation does that mean I can only play for that night? or once I'm in, I'm In?

Once you're in for 1.1 you can attend every test till 1.1 ends. As long as you log in before the server hits the player cap of course

Edited by oberon

I'm alpha 2 and I just got an email with the client download. Does that mean I'm in now?

Yes. Congrats!  :D

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I'm alpha 2 and I just got an email with the client download. Does that mean I'm in now?

If you are able to download the file from the client page, you're in as far as I'm aware. (Unless something has been flagged incorrectly for you)