Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World Of Tanks

xaine

Any Tankers around here?

I've been playing the game on and off for a year or so, I'm quite a big fan of it - although the learning curve/skill cap are fairly high. It's almost like a moba in terms of the amount of information you need to know really become good.

I've always loved slower paced, more tactical shooters.

I'm also going to shamelessly plug my own youtube tank reviews: https://www.youtube.com/user/theamulas/videos

Currently grinding the Type 61, and while I'm doing well in it - it's still an awful tank!

Edited by xaine

Nice!

I've just come back from a 6 month break, but intend to hover around 2.8k wn8 when I'm not trying to do these stupid missions. -_-

• 2 months later...

Ya. I've played off and on for about 3 years. It really has a lot going for it compared to most games out there. Even better, is that it has a very functional, and practical free2play business model.

I could talk a lot of good about WoT. The unique way the FPS combat systems work, combined with how armor can be used to produce shot blocks, makes for a great combat game.

High learning curve for the advanced tactics, player skill really matters.

It's a F2P game well worth the download. And the company running it is pro, not second stringers.

The game engine is good, and the game doesn't suffer from bugs, nor poor net code. Very impressive technology for a free game!

Highly recommend. 9/10.

Ya. I've played off and on for about 3 years. It really has a lot going for it compared to most games out there. Even better, is that it has a very functional, and practical free2play business model.

I could talk a lot of good about WoT. The unique way the FPS combat systems work, combined with how armor can be used to produce shot blocks, makes for a great combat game.

High learning curve for the advanced tactics, player skill really matters.

It's a F2P game well worth the download. And the company running it is pro, not second stringers.

The game engine is good, and the game doesn't suffer from bugs, nor poor net code. Very impressive technology for a free game!

Highly recommend. 9/10.

Wait..... Wg is not pro. They have custarded up so much in the last year and people are leaving in drones. However, I did not stop playing as much because of WG. Not at all. The playerbase and their stupidity made me want to gouge my eyes out. 

The game engine is terrible too. Big world is just terrible. You are the first person I have ever heard refer to it as "Good". It does suffer from bugs  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4sgO-K2wGo&index=76&list=PLHt2Zx_YYmAHd3uvCx30NAXpr3OwWqOvS This op glitch made it past test. This glitch was still there for a custard month and they knew about it. 

How about the fact that there is still no multi core? How about the fact they there is no havok?  Multi core was promised at release. Havok has been said it would released for the last 3 years. 

Yes, World of Tanks is fun, but it is not all rainbows and sunshine. 

Before someone says I am just a hater.  A hater would not have a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/karnages91 with 100s of videos and thousands of battles in a game.

Bottom line... 

If you have a head on your shoulders, have common sense and generally are a good player in most games you play, you will have a good time in WoT. 

Ya. I could have said that better. What I meant by saying "WG is pro, not second stringers" was in reference to a lot of other f2p games. I was not saying that they are 'the best ever' or 'perfect'.

IMO the way they handle their business is on a AAA title level. Frequent updates, patches, new content, good communication, etc. A noticeable cut above a lot of other free2play games out there. Thats all I meant by that.

Ya. I could have said that better. What I meant by saying "WG is pro, not second stringers" was in reference to a lot of other f2p games. I was not saying that they are 'the best ever' or 'perfect'.

IMO the way they handle their business is on a AAA title level. Frequent updates, patches, new content, good communication, etc. A noticeable cut above a lot of other free2play games out there. Thats all I meant by that.

That was a much better way of saying such than how you said the first time.

I like WoT.  I'm not great.  I'm not sure I'm even good (only 47% win ratio over about 250 games)... but I learn from every game, whether I win or lose.  My high score is only 4 kills, but I was damn proud of that considering, when I got that, I was just barely over 200 games.

When I first started I tended to be a bit gung ho, charge out and shoot and ask questions later...  but quickly realized that wasn't the way to go about it.  Now I enjoy playing artillery and tank destroyer most.

I do get frustrated though, as I'm only around a Tier III level player, but going up against people in IVs and Vs who have binoculars and all sorts of other equipment and I just get creamed over and over.

47% win rate is perfectly fine for only 250 battles. 48% win rate is the server average (2% draws) so don't get discouraged.

Most players consider around 3000 - 4000 games played to be when most players start to get "good". Lots and lots of little things to learn in that game that separates average from good.

Edited by CrowmagnonMan

47% win rate is perfectly fine for only 250 battles. 48% win rate is the server average (2% draws) so don't get discouraged.

Thanks for the reassurance.  My dad (who introduced me to the game) crested 2k games not too long ago.  I can't imagine having 10 times the number of games under my belt that I do now.  Heh.  But I guess time will tell.  I'm working toward a couple of T5 vehicles as that seems to be where the big separation is.

@Rhone for me WoT started to get fun when I used r7 tanks.  ^_^

I never used premium account - so for me it took a long while to get my tank crew to 110% with six sense.

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png