Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All things Knight

Arkade

There hasn't been much activity in this forum, which is surprising given the number of people who are playing knights. I'd like to use this thread to talk about everything have to do with the knight, from bugs to strategies to concerns and hopes for the future.

Let me start off by talking about bugs. These are bugs that I encountered last night, and have encountered in 1.0 as well. I'm curious to see if other people are seeing it, because I never see it mentioned in the bug threads.

Shield Swipe (#3) and Onslaught (#4) combos:

Edit: Nevermind. I see in the videos how the cooldown is shown. Guess I missed it in the heat of combat. I figured if the first part of the combo was off cooldown, the whole chain would be.

Shield Slam:

This abilities is great when it works. Stun the target and then line him up for a big crit. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. Sometimes the charge bar disappears shortly after it appears, even though the ability is still charging. This makes it difficult to know when it is fully charged. Even worse, the ability will sometimes fire after the bar disappears, even though I am still holding the button, giving me almost no charge time and a very weak hit. Is anyone else seeing this?

Concerns:

I love every ability the knight has, except the 4B combo chain. I'm not seeing a reason to use it, other than if the target is immune to knockdown. A lot has changed since they first detailed the abilities for the knight, so maybe this is no longer true, but I think the main difference between the A and B lines, other than the knockdown vs bleed, is that the A line does crushing damage and the B line does damage based on what weapon you are using. I can see how that might be useful down the line, but the knockdown does as much or more damage than the bleed and also knocks down the targets. Unless the target is resistant to crushing damage, the A line will always be the first choice. Even if they are resistant, why would I use the bleed instead of the knockdown?

If assassins and/or rangers have a re-stealth mechanic, then maybe the bleed would be effective against them, but IIRC, the bleed only lasts 3 seconds. 

Edit: Now that I realize how the cooldown works, I guess the 4B line is useful, but I still wouldn't use it instead of the 4A line if I have the choice.

Strategies:

Pursuit is one of my favorite abilities. It can be helpful when trying to put distance between me and my pursuers, or when I'm trying to chase down a runner, but it isn't necessary to be at distance from the other player when using it. I'll often use it when standing toe to toe with another player, to push them into the fire/hunger or off the wall, or just to stun them. You only need to go 5 yards. Just make sure you line it up well or you'll be in the one in the fire.

What bugs have you found? What strategies do you employ? What would you like to see changed or added to the knight?

Edited by Arkade

Edit: Now that I realize how the cooldown works, I guess the 4B line is useful, but I still wouldn't use it instead of the 4A line if I have the choice.

I spent some time in tonight's testing working on a rotation of sorts for mobs.  Previously I never ran into mana issues but that was because I never used the 4B combo once 4A is on cooldown.  So usually order if you are in CC mode is 1 (charge in / stun), 33, 444, 44E, then primary attack to get back mana.  Ideally you would want to use the 2 charge-up (can do over 1k damage on full charge) in there somewhere on an immobilized foe but it currently appears broken and never does more than 100 damage.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

I am really enjoying the Knight so far. The only real problem I've had with him is that I can't seem to get the 1 attack to stick and that the charge bar on 2 disappears. I would really like some more mobility from the class as well.

I am really enjoying the Knight so far. The only real problem I've had with him is that I can't seem to get the 1 attack to stick and that the charge bar on 2 disappears. I would really like some more mobility from the class as well.

For the #1 attack, you have to hold the button. Once you release it, or travel 25 yards, you will stop. If you go at least 5 yards, you will automatically activate the stun when you stop.

• 4 months later...

There hasn't been much activity in this forum, which is surprising given the number of people who are playing knights. I'd like to use this thread to talk about everything have to do with the knight, from bugs to strategies to concerns and hopes for the future.

Shield Swipe (#3) and Onslaught (#4) combos:

Edit: Nevermind. I see in the videos how the cooldown is shown. Guess I missed it in the heat of combat. I figured if the first part of the combo was off cooldown, the whole chain would be.

I am a little late to the Knight party, but I do have questions, even if this thread is a little dated, it still represents what we have for a public knowledge data base on this archetype, so thanks for starting it Arkade

I find the Shield Swipe (#3) and Onslaught (#4) combos  tool tip explanation straight forward, but in practice trying to chain them together, the timing seems/feels a little off. I find if I slow down the button push I get better results but the screen prompts are just odd in relation to the feel/timing of the button press, or it's just me not understanding the cooldowns.

What video are you looking at? Is it an older one with Blair playing in the test world? If you describe it I'll see if I can find it and post the link. Just watching it may clear up my question.

I love every ability the knight has, except the 4B combo chain. I'm not seeing a reason to use it, other than if the target is immune to knockdown. A lot has changed since they first detailed the abilities for the knight, so maybe this is no longer true, but I think the main difference between the A and B lines, other than the knockdown vs bleed, is that the A line does crushing damage and the B line does damage based on what weapon you are using. I can see how that might be useful down the line, but the knockdown does as much or more damage than the bleed and also knocks down the targets. Unless the target is resistant to crushing damage, the A line will always be the first choice. Even if they are resistant, why would I use the bleed instead of the knockdown?

If assassins and/or rangers have a re-stealth mechanic, then maybe the bleed would be effective against them, but IIRC, the bleed only lasts 3 seconds. 

I would agree with this, except I would add that it is an AOE bleed, do you know if this bleed stacks? A stacked AOE bleed from multiple Knights might make the 4b line worth using. 

Pursuit is one of my favorite abilities. It can be helpful when trying to put distance between me and my pursuers, or when I'm trying to chase down a runner, but it isn't necessary to be at distance from the other player when using it. I'll often use it when standing toe to toe with another player, to push them into the fire/hunger or off the wall, or just to stun them. You only need to go 5 yards. Just make sure you line it up well or you'll be in the one in the fire.

I am not sure what Pursuit is? Did they change the name of a skill or remove a skill? Or are you talking about Shield Lunge #1 skill?

What bugs have you found? What strategies do you employ? What would you like to see changed or added to the knight?

I have this burning question about Noble Blood skill #5 what in the All Fathers name does this freaking skill do?

Is it a Buff? Debuff? AOE? Or Self Targeting Skill, Or is it just a placeholder right now for button #5.

I recognize the animation it utilizes but is there a way to see the effects if its a buff or debuff? So I can test it in-game.

Thanks Arkade.

I have this burning question about Noble Blood skill #5 what in the All Fathers name does this freaking skill do?

Is it a Buff? Debuff? AOE? Or Self Targeting Skill, Or is it just a placeholder right now for button #5.

I recognize the animation it utilizes but is there a way to see the effects if its a buff or debuff? So I can test it in-game.

Thanks Arkade.

It is a cone shout. It will hit and deal minor damage to enemies (in front of you)

If you hit an enemy you gain temporary extra HP barrier (you will see a white extra bar over your HP)

If you hit no enemy you do not get the barrier.

Edited by Tinnis

It is a cone shout. It will hit and deal minor damage to enemies (in front of you)

If you hit an enemy you gain temporary extra HP barrier (you will see a white extra bar over your HP)

If you hit no enemy you do not get the barrier.

OH! So THAT's how you tell if you got the barrier or not. I thought it would show a buff, but no buff ever pops up when I use it. Thanks for the info

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I am a little late to the Knight party, but I do have questions, even if this thread is a little dated, it still represents what we have for a public knowledge data base on this archetype, so thanks for starting it Arkade

The info in this thread is pretty dated. Lots of things have changed since I wrote it and I've learned a lot since then too.

I'm going to start a new thread, which I will post later, after today's tests.

Edited by Arkade

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

The info in this thread is pretty dated. Lots of things have changed since I wrote it and I've learned a lot since then too.

I'm going to start a new thread, which I will post later, after today's tests.

That is an excellent idea. I am sure many future players will appreciate having a resource like that. Thanks for your help. 

The C right now on the knight is pretty boring, would prefer it to be a leap using some of the telegraph tech from the ranger. Crash down on a group pull them all in and stun them.

C abilities in general should be more "game changing".

Another note: I've noticed on several occasions that the chain pull animation and the reticle some times don't sync up. You'll execute chain pull, and even tho it looks like the chain missed, you'll still pull them. That ability is total inconsistent, and there needs to be a clearer visual of how far the chain can travel, and if the target is indeed pull-able. I wouldn't mind a linear telegraph, I.e something similar to what you see in league of legends.

Edited by helix

So maybe I am not seeing it, but I was looking in the advancement trees for the knight, and as of now it doesn't look like we gain the ability to use any new weapons, but each promotion specializes in either sword, axe of mace. Is this just placeholder for now? I am wondering because of some of the posts I have read about knights using bows.

Guys remember, the average bleed does 3k of damage. It has about somewhere in between 6-10 kicks, it's not like it's chance i'm just not sure, but when I played I counted 7 tick; each one of those ticks did 500 damage. I was 1/5 of my health, but I killed a low ranger not by using shield bash but my bleed, but by using my bleed. I feel like if the bleed caused a slow reduction, it would make the knight a whole lost more optional and more important to use it. But if that were to happen that'd even everyone what do it, and a perma-slow for 4 knights seems really annoying, especially when they all of hooks. Did anyone say, but what about the hidden combo that if you sprint while doing ruby slash it can slow the enemy. I'm going to be honest, I think it would be amazing if they combined onslaught and the jewel slashes. Where you could still do only onslaught and only jewel slashes, but allow a mix in between so you can get a mix of slows and knockdowns and bleed. Anyone else like this idea?