Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We need a PvP subforum!

We need a subforum exclusively dedicated to PvP.

This would not only help devs to grab feedback but also players to contribute. Suggestion Box is rather a melting pot, while each of the archetype forums are -surprise- class specific. Testing forums are for bugs and general feedback. We need a permanent subforum dedicated to topics around PvP: siege mechanics, combat mechanics, group combat, spells, weapons, stats, skill, pace and so on.

​I've seen tons of good threads getting "lost" across the board, because there is no dedicated PvP section.

​When I first checked out this game, I almost suffered an anaphylactic shock due to the fact that there are forums for art or videos, crafting&economy and EVEN Eternal Kingdoms but not a general PvP forum, for a game which is heavily advertised as a.... 'old school' PvP game.

​No, seriously. How can there be forum sections for videos or secondary 'features' like Eternal Kingdoms but not a general PvP section?

Shouldn´t it be more like "combat" subforum since the whole game is based around pvp. No need for a pvp and pve just have one and in there most threads would be pvp based I assume. But yes I agree think we need somewhere to talk more general only about combat mechanics :)

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

What Fenris said is also true although having a combat subforum would make general and other forums less crowded with things you might not be interested in. But having to many subforums also makes the people spread to much and maybe to many subforums for people to even bother looking at them.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

We've already argue this argument before and lost they want this place to be hugs and giggles and positivity so it doesn't scare any money away. *drops mic

I'm talking about a forum for PvP mechanics, not a political forum or did they oppose it as well? You got any link to a thread where they state their reasons? I'm curious about their argumentation.

Feels fishy having a game's proclaimed nature not reflecting on the forum structure (and rules).

Edited by Qbs

Hm, agreed, having a more specialized forum should happen.

However, I do not think it has to happen yet. Post launch, definitely. But right now, the equivalent is the testing subforum as that's the only taste of combat we've seen, therefor combat at the moment = testing.

Anything else within the realm of suggestion of discussion can happen in this or the general forum for now. A PvP sub would simply be unnecessary and excessive [currently].

Post launch, definitely. But right now, the equivalent is the testing subforum as that's the only taste of combat we've seen, therefor combat at the moment = testing.

​How do you explain the Eternal Kingdowms forum then, even it's far away from being implemented?

I see sub forums for specialized discussions. Grand statigic conquest is the CF theme and in the heart of that sits PvP.

Since (PvP) combat encompasses so much if CF I'm not sure what the subforum would do. Unless it's purely orginizational. Guess that would make like 60% if the General forum moved to the Combat subforum.

Thinking about it more it wouldn't be too bad. Though I wonder if it would end up being just the new general forum.

Due to the fact that we are actively testing the combat system in pre-alpha right now (and it is the solitary focus of the testing), the team feels that the testing forums are bringing in enough combat/PVP feedback for them at this point. So, at least for now, we won't be adding separate PVP forums.