Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/22/15 - The Crowfall Universe, Economy/crafting & Raph Koster!

So excited to hear about the crafting, unique worlds, AND RAPH KOSTER!

IMO SWG was the last great game when it came to player crafting and economies. You literally got to know the crafters on your server (IE Enott on Bloodfin, I still never forgot him) and the non-instanced housing really added to this with player shops and the lack of a global AH (SWG had an AH but it was limited to low price goods, you couldn't buy your main gear on it). 

I really hope that Crowfall understands the importance of those two things and how it ties into the crafting/player economy. With a global AH it'd take away the personal aspect of crafters and interacting with players and the non-instanced housing leads to players just randomly stopping by to shop and mingle with  the crafter (if they are there). I did this numerous times in both UO/SWG and became friends with crafters who helped make things for me while I helped get resources or other things for them.

Edited by stiler

I am loving the updates, but moreso the composure of the team.

Exciting things are inevitable for this team and community. Where can I invest?

Edited by teclus

77bd026d-3a5a-4471-9742-bfe9bc9f312f_zps

I liked the old UO days where you could hire your own vendor to sell your stuff.  If you had something like that in place in a contested area, the vendor plots would surely open up for other people fairly frequently.  I also dislike global auction houses, and I don't really like in game auction houses at all.  What made old MMO's special was a need to congregate to trade goods, gear didn't last forever and there was a regular market for replacements, and people had to compete for resources to make higher end, not overpowering, things. 

rSHxVEY.gif

Guildmaster, LotD

Ok, this is some of the stuff I've been waiting for. I have tons more questions but I suppose they will be addressed as more reveals come out. Glad to see Raph Koster's involvement here as well!

Marrying robust crafting and territorial conquest is certainly going to be a challenge because, yes - those systems often work opposed to one another. People that enjoy spending hours upon hours crafting aren't always the people who will tolerate packs of roaming gankers outside the gates. Balancing the game to appeal to both player types will be tough. If the team can figure it out, this game will be amazing.

Sounds good. I wil definately play this game when it comes out. I loved hunting kryats in SWG and finding different grades of pearls for my lightsaber.

Sounds good. I wil definately play this game when it comes out. I loved hunting kryats in SWG and finding different grades of pearls for my lightsaber.

*shudder*

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I wonder if traveling between worlds will be a complex affair, in game play terms.  i.e. will it require a handful of mages to collaborate on a ritual to open a portal? 

Or if a transfer will perhaps be available for purchase in a cash shop?  Hmm.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I totally 100000% agree with the above poster about having NO Auction House !

Agree, AH mean instant traveling (for the gear), but a board in every NPC/player town is good, you can place your order but you have to traveling where the crafter sell the item or pm the crafter and meet him somewhere and perform a direct trade.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Just dicovered your game on MMORPG.com, and first thing that came to my mind while i was reading was : FINALLY ! Yes finally a game that look like a real fantasy world, by that i mean the system that make the game come closer to reality (well fantasy reality) than game-reality.

I can't wait to learn more and so i will start to haunt that forum, which is pretty rare for me.

I still say that equipment should take damage through combat and death, and when it is repaired, it should lose maximum durability.  Could even make repairing armor cost resources as well to add more demand.  As for the results of Salvaging, it could be based on the remaining durability of the item that is salvaged.  You should never get back everything you put into an item by salvaging it, but you should be able to get back at least 75%. 

I also fully support equipment having significant weight.  Very few characters should be able to carry more than one extra set of equipment in their backpack at a time.  This also promotes interacting with other players, having others to help carry or split the loot with, or maybe stab in the back at the last minute!

I also say that people should definitely be allowed more than one character per account.  This allows players to try out a variety of different classes without starting over from scratch every time, as well as fulfill more than one role in their guild's team compositions when the time calls for it.  A lot of guilds have a common policy of having their members roll at least two spec toons, sometimes even more.  Multi-boxing wouldn't be an issue since it's easy and common sense to implement the "one active login per account" rule.  And those who do pay for more than one account to multi-box... I say let them.  They're giving even more money to the game, so there's no reason not to let them.  As long as they aren't botting for the sake of selling gold to players for real life currency, at least.  Besides, switching windows with most games nowadays isn't as easy as it is in Shadowbane. 

Indeed a meaningfull encumbrance system mentioned before, you can loot untill a certain limit, of you loot too much you get overweight and your speed decrease untill you can't move anymore, so you have to drop on the ground some items.

Same for gatherers, you have to use mules or more players to bring all your mats back in the town.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

First, i'm totally hyped !

I've got an idea (may be good or not) : instead of salvage every broken armor or weapon, why can't we fix it ? But you can't fix it by paying a npc like other games. You must fix it yourself or ask a crafter. And to fix it you need some of the original components,  number depends on the percentage of object damaged.

i cannot wait to see more !

well i kept this

And these worlds are dynamic; they're made to change based on player actions.

i hope we will see more also from your youtube xD

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png

Wow, you are a genius. I would love to see a surname applied to the account. Then if you REALLY were that desperate to spy on others, you have to do it very creatively and with style. You can't just guild hop. Your whole mission is to be the undercover agent for as long as your guild needs you to be. That, or you can buy another account (Devs get more money!)

Yeah, 'yay!' SWTOR.

Though ideas you provide quite healthy in general. And I like undercover agent 'profession'.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1