Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

01/22/15 - The Crowfall Universe, Economy/crafting & Raph Koster!

well as a player started with lineage and wow .... -i am rly excited with this topic... the crafting it seems to good to be true ...  u can see how much weights each of the ores... nice touch !!!

Observation:  at the interview of  the designer he said something about when u die u must go to an outpost and reequip yourselves !!! so if u die u loose your current armor and such? 

The different world servers are a great idea ...... the "uniqueaziation "   doesn't stop in the char creation... my only concern is the devs are promising to much and maybe they will fail to deliver it as we see it... i rly hope THAT doesnt happen at all

When we see the space in the inventory and the banner called crafting caravan, I'm guessing that there will be other means to transport ressources. 

I don't think we have the right vision about guilds, so I won't talk about this.

I think people will be gathered as faction and there will be jail maybe even law depending the faction we belong. Ganking will be punishable IF people are from the same faction, this will prevent ganking. If there not, then this will be consider as war declaration.

I see a duel (deadly or not) system, (perhaps the banner champion vs knight shows it) so people from the same faction could fight each other without breaking any law.

I hope there will be sellers guild, not like ESO, but more like a group of people with differents roles some will be sellers, crafters, harvesters, transporters, body guards and each members will gain a percentage of the sell when the guild accomplish a sell.

Maybe even cooking guild (restaurant), clothing guild, sieging weapon guild, who knows, but something that will allow an income without doing the part that we don't wanna do.

I lied about not talking about guilds.

The last point will be a request for the devs, please do mind translating the game even if you have to ask the help of forum members, this will really be a big PLUS. And if the game is a hit, please consider creating language server. And as I wrote this, I just think if there are factions on the server assign a language to faction so people from different faction won't understand each other. How nice this would be.

Thanks for reading (sorry for my english)

Edited by lychanis

When we see the space in the inventory and the banner called crafting caravan, I'm guessing that there will be other means to transport ressources. 

I don't think we have the right vision about guilds, so I won't talk about this.

I think people will be gathered as faction and there will be jail maybe even law depending the faction we belong. Ganking will be punishable IF people are from the same faction, this will prevent ganking. If there not, then this will be consider as war declaration.

I see a duel (deadly or not) system, (perhaps the banner champion vs knight shows it) so people from the same faction could fight each other without breaking any law.

I hope there will be sellers guild, not like ESO, but more like a group of people with differents roles some will be sellers, crafters, harvesters, transporters, body guards and each members will gain a percentage of the sell when the guild accomplish a sell.

Maybe even cooking guild (restaurant), clothing guild, sieging weapon guild, who knows, but something that will allow an income without doing the part that we don't wanna do.

The last point will be a request for the devs, please do mind translating the game even if you have to ask the help of forum members, this will really be a big PLUS. And if the game is a hit, please consider creating language server. And as I wrote this, I just think if there are factions on the server assign a language to faction so people from different faction won't understand each other. How nice this would be.

I'm not sure what information you have been reading, but I think you are way off here friend.  Just my two cents.  But keep dreaming for another free realms lol

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

I'm not sure what information you have been reading, but I think you are way off here friend.  Just my two cents.  But keep dreaming for another free realms lol

Thanks for your opinion.

My question is regarding Thrall, and enemy player. If u go and kill an enemy player, can u loot his Thrall(soul), than use it to craft an item?

If the answer is yes, than will his Thrall(soul) be base on his build and runes, etc.. so every player will have a unique Thrall than can be crafted into weapons, armor etc...?

I kind of like this idea, if the enemy player has a reputation, and killing and getting his Thrall(soul) will give u a unique weapon or armor base on his build.

The possibilities are endless...

Really enjoying the drops announcements so far. They have great concepts on the table, and I wish this gonna turn the tides for the RPG genre.
Never been a great fan of PvP, but I'm really excited to see some more about Crowfall.

Keep it up.

Edited by ForsakenVeteran

Drop announcement = Some combination of SB's text heard round the world and Rusts airdrops, maybe some lights and sounds to attract attention. That will bring all the boys to yard. Nothing better than running for your life with an Int of the Gods in your bag while the whole zone/region is after you. 

Crowfall: The Official Game of

crowfallwiki.com

Quote:

Is a Thrall what I think it is? And do you use them in crafting?

"OK, fine. I’ll tell you. The Dying Worlds are filled with Thralls. They are basically the souls of fallen warriors and craftsmen, left behind and awaiting judgement before they can move on to the afterlife.

If you capture a Thrall, you can shortcut that process and bind them into your items. Todd likes to reference the demon imbedded inside Stormbringer in Moorcock’s Elric series, as a narrative example.

If you bind a Thrall into your item, the properties of the item change in certain ways. I like the idea of a Smith’s Hammer that has the trapped soul of a Dwarven Forgemaster bound within it, and that his skill and life experience is being used to make that hammer stronger and more precise with every swing.

That’s probably about all I should say about it for now, except, remember: the system was designed to create reasons to seek out and interact with other players.

Or, you know, kill them and take their stuff.  That works, too."

I find this concept really interesting, perhaps a way to build in quests/instance/dungeon experience for those that like such things? I also think it would add interest if said thrall was a random occurrence versus if I hunt this area for this thrall I can augment armor/weapons in this way, with common thralls that would bring more common enhancements, rare, and mythic. As I stated before, mythic should not give some extreme enhancement that gives a huge advantage to those that find it, but the more rare, perhaps the neater the graphic skin that may be applied to the weapon. So, good enough to make people seek out those smiths that can make the item (again giving something to fight over and contribute to economy in game), but also, superior graphical look to the item, making it very desirable.

Edited by nymvincyx

...remember: the system was designed to create reasons to seek out and interact with other players.

My favorite quote so far!  Im so looking forward to this.  The Thrall concept is going to be cool!

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

My question is regarding Thrall, and enemy player. If u go and kill an enemy player, can u loot his Thrall(soul), than use it to craft an item?

If the answer is yes, than will his Thrall(soul) be base on his build and runes, etc.. so every player will have a unique Thrall than can be crafted into weapons, armor etc...?

I kind of like this idea, if the enemy player has a reputation, and killing and getting his Thrall(soul) will give u a unique weapon or armor base on his build.

The possibilities are endless...

That would be permadeath, or at least very long term death. The developers don't seem to favor that.

I don't think death cooldown should exceed 8 hours if there is one.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

You're talking about trade guilds. But in Crowfall, the guilds are associations of players who organize their efforts to defend each other, govern a city-state, and negotiate with other guilds, individual players and maybe non-player characters. The crafters who made up the trade guilds in medieval Europe were also citizens of the kingdoms they lived in. I expect that crafters in other guilds will get to know each other on the net, but they aren't likely to share information freely.

What you're describing would be more crafting skills beyond forging. It looks to me like Crafting skills go way beyond forging too.

Edited by chancellor

Quote:

Is a Thrall what I think it is? And do you use them in crafting?

"OK, fine. I’ll tell you. The Dying Worlds are filled with Thralls. They are basically the souls of fallen warriors and craftsmen, left behind and awaiting judgement before they can move on to the afterlife.

If you capture a Thrall, you can shortcut that process and bind them into your items. Todd likes to reference the demon imbedded inside Stormbringer in Moorcock’s Elric series, as a narrative example.

If you bind a Thrall into your item, the properties of the item change in certain ways. I like the idea of a Smith’s Hammer that has the trapped soul of a Dwarven Forgemaster bound within it, and that his skill and life experience is being used to make that hammer stronger and more precise with every swing.

That’s probably about all I should say about it for now, except, remember: the system was designed to create reasons to seek out and interact with other players.

I find this concept really interesting, perhaps a way to build in quests/instance/dungeon experience for those that like such things? I also think it would add interest if said thrall was a random occurrence versus if I hunt this area for this thrall I can augment armor/weapons in this way, with common thralls that would bring more common enhancements, rare, and mythic. As I stated before, mythic should not give some extreme enhancement that gives a huge advantage to those that find it, but the more rare, perhaps the neater the graphic skin that may be applied to the weapon. So, good enough to make people seek out those smiths that can make the item (again giving something to fight over and contribute to economy in game), but also, superior graphical look to the item, making it very desirable.

I expect the system of binding thralls into items will be similar to the system used in Runequest, a table top game. The spirit of the crafter would be pitted against the spirit of the Entity the enchanter wants to enthrall. If the Enchanter wins, the entity becomes his Thrall. If not, the enchanter experiences one of those consequences for failure Todd wrote about.

Then the thrall could be bound into an item, probably by the enchanter. 

As an interface designer I would say these systems are a joy to work with. Thomas Blair is a great muse with decades of experience. The two of us tackle complex ideas from each of our vantage points and come to a final user flow that looks as good as it plays. We have only scratched the surface. It's gonna be an awesome ride.

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

I live the loot concept, a world full of danger! :P I have one concern though and that is

that I wont be tracked on the mini map like a red dot - as in many other games. I should

be able to hide and make smart choices to navigate the world carefully if I so choose.

Edited by tyranade