Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shunejii

Question about Gods

Hey y'all been a while since I posted here.

So I have some questions about gods and servitude.

For starters, are you locked into the god you choose? Furthermore, will gods play a role in alliances between players? (i.e.players who serve chaos gods won't be able to interact constructively with those who serve order gods)

Lore wise, can you serve gods who are no longer alive/are not gods? For instance, if you choose Gaea or Valkyn (assuming they are selectable) are you serving them directly or just acting in their honor? Or let's say you choose Hero, who is technically not a god, are you serving him or acting alongside him?

Will players have any direct interaction with gods? Will temples, churches, shrines, etc. serve as the only way to communicate with your god of choice? If so, will those structures offer any sort of strategic advantage in campaigns?

Will gods offer anything specific in the way of battle enhancements? For example, will serving Arkyn provide you with special grades of armor or possibly a better siege machine?

Just milling around some thoughts, please feel free to add to this I am especially interested when it comes to lore questions.

For starters, are you locked into the god you choose? 

The last I heard, they were unsure whether gods would be selected at character creation or if you can change your god for each campaign. My guess though is that they will go with the latter and lock players in for the duration of the campaign so they can't just switch to the team that's winning.

Furthermore, will gods play a role in alliances between players?

Yes, but only in the God's Reach and Infected bands. In God's Reach, there are 3 factions: Chaos, Order and Balance. Each faction is made up of 4 gods. Chaos and Order both want to win, Balance wants neither side to win, so Balance could side with either Chaos or Order at any given time. In the Infected, there are 12 factions, one for each god. All 12 will be competing against each other.

Lore wise, can you serve gods who are no longer alive/are not gods?

Dead, yes, otherwise the factions would be messed up :)

I don't believe you'll be able to serve Hero for the same reason, and because he isn't a god.

Will players have any direct interaction with gods? Will temples, churches, shrines, etc. serve as the only way to communicate with your god of choice? If so, will those structures offer any sort of strategic advantage in campaigns?

We know there will be relics and artifacts that can be won in campaigns and placed in structures in your EK. These will give minor campaign benefits to players who are part of that EK. Some of those relics and/or artifacts will probably be related to the gods in some way. AFAIK, that's the limit of our interaction with them.

Will gods offer anything specific in the way of battle enhancements? For example, will serving Arkyn provide you with special grades of armor or possibly a better siege machine?

Other than relics and artifacts, no. Armor, weapons and siege equipment will all be crafted. A relic/artifact might give a crafting bonus, so you might get better gear through the gods indirectly, but that's it.