Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Presentation of information via 'floaters'.

Floaters...those numbers that appear relatively near and above ones head that tell you what damage you did to something or vice versa.  I've tried searching for an answer with little success so I'll ask here:  These notifications, is the intent to only receive this information by floaters or can we opt to have it presented as text in a window.

Personally, I'm not a fan of floaters, especially in complex scenes filled with lots of bodies and actions happening in a frenzied pace.  Trying to figure out what is happening to whom becomes, at least for me, impossible to follow.  Those floaters are inprecise at transmitting exactly what ia happening.  Is that number I just saw appear the result of my action or someone elses?  There are a handful of beings all smashed together, was that number for this guy here or that guy there?

The option I would like to have is to see those number appear in a text window which I can then further manipulate by color coding.  I expect the UI to not be fully fleshed out yet but has something like this been discussed by the devs?

An old and grumpy gamer who should have grown up years ago.

uhvMkGn.png

These notifications, is the intent to only receive this information by floaters or can we opt to have it presented as text in a window.

​As much as I'd like it, this will be never implemented. Ever.

This would require reading comprehension, which is very rare around here. Most players need their information taking over half of the screen to notice, including force-feedback under their chair accompanied by an air-raid siren and fire works. Hitting a  new skill level should make the Fukushima nuclear reactor meltdown look like a small party popper.

Edited by Qbs

​As much as I'd like it, this will be never implemented. Ever.

This would require reading comprehension, which is very rare around here. Most players need their information taking over half of the screen to notice, including force-feedback under their chair accompanied by an air-raid siren and fire works. Hitting a  new skill level should make the Fukushima nuclear reactor meltdown look like a small party popper.

That's why I asked for the option for those who do have good reading comprehension to be able to set up the notifications as text rather than giant balloon animal numbers the mouth breathers require.

I've seen pics like this one and I just stare in wonder at how anybody could comprehend what is going on looking at those numbers.  If floaty numbers are the only method by which we get notifications in CrowFall and we see fights of dozens against dozens your screen will be nothing but numerical garbage.raidui1.png

Edited by Vandraad

An old and grumpy gamer who should have grown up years ago.

uhvMkGn.png

That's why I asked for the option for those who do have good reading comprehension to be able to set up the notifications as text rather than giant balloon animal numbers the mouth breathers require.

I've seen pics like this one and I just stare in wonder at how anybody could comprehend what is going on looking at those numbers.  If floaty numbers are the only method by which we get notifications in CrowFall and we see fights of dozens against dozens your screen will be nothing but numerical garbage.

Your pic reminds me of the current combat mechanic with slow animation locks:

wbZzeFD.jpg