Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friendly Fire isn't something you tack on at the end...

freeze

On 6/17/2017 at 7:49 AM, taroskin said:

Based on the game mechanics, action combat and the pace of combat we've had, adding in friendly fire in a basic form would be disastrous and make so many abilities and group compositions worthless/extremely difficult to use.

I really don't think friendly fire adds that much to the game - it will make the game 100x more complicated to balance. So I'm hoping they skip it!

You forget one thing. There isn't one way to play. Each CW can potentially have unique settings where there is little need to worry about such things. Don't want FF, don't play on the CW. Same as factions, full loot, no elves or whatever limits are put in. If no one shows up to play, shut it down and forget it. If popular, continue on.

There is no way they are going to balance the game around FF at this point. All they can do is play with the CW settings and let players decide what works or doesn't. If FF means XYZ group comp is useless, oh well. Players will adapt or log off and not play it again.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:01 AM, Atome said:

Would it not be disastrous to NOT try it during testing? Despite its difficulties! Soft launch must be priority and I guess FF = lots of work however it's got to be worth a test down the road.

Not sure how FF is difficult. I'm not a game designer but typing in the code or clicking whatever to make X ability hit anyone or specifics like outside of group, guild, alliance seems fairly straight forward. Be it during testing or post launch, having a FF CW seems very easy to do and will allow players to decide if they like it or not. Devs don't need to do anything else.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO it can't be a choice made by players. It has to be for everyone or nobody... it's definitely a hardcore option.

Z

You Don't Stop Playing Games when You Get Old...

You Get Old When You Stop Playing Games!

21 minutes ago, znick said:

IMO it can't be a choice made by players. It has to be for everyone or nobody... it's definitely a hardcore option.

Z

The choice is made when you pick which campaign to play. They will have different rules.

IhhQKY6.gif

On 7/10/2017 at 11:18 AM, znick said:

Z

This makes no sense when it is an option for a CW, with each having multiple options/settings. 

Archived