Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Full Loot Confirmed? Hoping For An Answer!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still feel as if full loot makes PvP less interesting than a partial system.  I still hold the "inventory loot + gear damage" as best.  Some reasoning:   1]  If it's full loot the vast majority of

ya, it'll be hard for a many ppl to even imagine, that it can actually be easy to aquire gear   in UO for example: if I collected leather for half an hour, I had enough ressources to craft multiple

Pretty sure Kill them and take their stuff = full loot. There's really no other way we could mistake that.

Yep. Even some SB players appear to be griping against full loot. Does not compute.

Actually, most of "SB" focused gamers have always argued with us who enjoyed SB and other games like DF. To be honest, there has been a much longer strife between those two faction of "PvPers" than with other Wiz like or whatever people. We always argue about full loot vs inventory more than with the carebears, which is funny to be honest :P

My only problem with full looting, is if you spend 2 months in "Spoopy Dungeon No.12" grinding for the "Chestplate of Sp00kyness" then you go into the world, get ganked, and now some random guy has the "Chestplate of Sp00kyness". Not only did you waste 2 months for something you just lost, but it took the guy who killed you no more than about 5 minutes to kill you and take your "Chestplate of Sp00kyness"

However, from the information that has already been leaked, it looks like "rare gear" or something of the "rare" caliber, can only be achieved through a high crafting level, or maybe somehow from other skills. That way it seems like when you die, all that is lost is some gold that you spent to re-make the gear you lost in PvP.

I hope there is a "wearing" armor skill. Or some sort of limit to wearing the armor or weapons you find off dead people. Because if you are just joining the game, and you come across someone with +50 armor gear, and a +60 damage longsword, who happens to have half health because he's running from a 3 friends who just pursued him, and you decide to shoot him with an arrow, and he falls to the ground instantly, because he has 1 HP. Would it be balanced for this beginner to take his +50 armor chestplate and +60 damage longsword, and start running around killing begginers in his area with OP stuff, until he runs into a guy who got luckier than him, and looted someone with a +70 damage longsword.

So in short: They should limit the ability to wear certain things taken off people. Maybe a crafting seperation like "Begginer Chestplates" can only be worn by people with the begginer crafting skill, same with "Intermediate Swords" can only be equipped by someone with an "Intermediate Crafting Skill" 

My only problem with full looting, is if you spend 2 months in "Spoopy Dungeon No.12" grinding for the "Chestplate of Sp00kyness" then you go into the world, get ganked, and now some random guy has the "Chestplate of Sp00kyness". Not only did you waste 2 months for something you just lost, but it took the guy who killed you no more than about 5 minutes to kill you and take your "Chestplate of Sp00kyness"

However, from the information that has already been leaked, it looks like "rare gear" or something of the "rare" caliber, can only be achieved through a high crafting level, or maybe somehow from other skills. That way it seems like when you die, all that is lost is some gold that you spent to re-make the gear you lost in PvP.

I hope there is a "wearing" armor skill. Or some sort of limit to wearing the armor or weapons you find off dead people. Because if you are just joining the game, and you come across someone with +50 armor gear, and a +60 damage longsword, who happens to have half health because he's running from a 3 friends who just pursued him, and you decide to shoot him with an arrow, and he falls to the ground instantly, because he has 1 HP. Would it be balanced for this beginner to take his +50 armor chestplate and +60 damage longsword, and start running around killing begginers in his area with OP stuff, until he runs into a guy who got luckier than him, and looted someone with a +70 damage longsword.

So in short: They should limit the ability to wear certain things taken off people. Maybe a crafting seperation like "Begginer Chestplates" can only be worn by people with the begginer crafting skill, same with "Intermediate Swords" can only be equipped by someone with an "Intermediate Crafting Skill"

He's running from 3 dudes. Your fresh off the boat noob would be dead in seconds if he touched that corpse.

Generally speaking games that lean more towards the PvP side and have player looting usually don't have much in the way of PvE dungeons or raids, or at least none that it takes Months to get a single piece of gear from. Gear is either earned through a PvP point system or from crafting. Crowfall seems to be leaning towards having a strong crafting system so likely most of our gear will come from crafting and with player looting you'll always be needing more gear crafted.

Many people are afraid of full loot because they've only ever played games like WoW where you spend 2 months grinding a dungeon for that one piece of uber armour. Of course in those games, PvP looting doesn't work at all.

But in crafting/PvP centric games it's a whole other story, gear is relatively easy to come by and you just get into the habit of leaving multiple gear bags in your bank with full sets of armour and weaps so you don't waste time and tears the next time you get owned.

It isn't more hardcore or 1337, that's all nonsense, it's just a different way to think of gear. In crafting games, you need ways for items to break or disappear, you need 'gear sinks' else there won't be much of an economy to speak of.

See, explained like this makes me willing to give full loot a chance. Because you're right, in my 15 years of MMO playing gear makes all the difference, and gear is difficult to come by. So the thought of getting ganked the moment I log on and have all my gear taken just makes me want to walk away and not come back.

Yep. Even some SB players appear to be griping against full loot. Does not compute.

Meh. Some of us are just pointing out that many players like to collect and whatnot, and we like to kill those players.

I'm fine with full loot, but I'd also be fine with a compromise system as long as it's still most of their stuff.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

I can tell you right now, if this game has a dungeon in it where you have to farm for  2 months for a piece of gear that 75% or more of the current community here won't be playing this game lol

I don't mind full loot.  But I would hope there would be some sort of consent to pvp.   Not all of us are motivated by fear of death.  I don't enjoy crafting more just because I could lose the items I made.  That doesnt make it more important to me or more valuable.  I feel like player killing should be voluntary for both sides.

If you make your mmo have pvp thats fine, full loot, sure. Free for all?  It cant really become anything more than that imho.  Sure it can have a deep crafting system and a complex player driven economy.  There are mmos that have that already.  But when you add free for all full loot to the mix, it can never be more than that: amazing crafting and economy under the thumb of a ffa system.

I know that works for a lot of people.  But games like that have communities built on fear of death.  Friends are made through basic need of survival and communities are forged through huddled masses trying to stay alive.  There are other ways, more interesting ways imho, to build community.  If you'd like to call that carebear or whatever thats fine heh.  Doesn't make it any less valid.

thanks for reading.

I don't mind full loot.  But I would hope there would be some sort of consent to pvp.   Not all of us are motivated by fear of death.  I don't enjoy crafting more just because I could lose the items I made.  That doesnt make it more important to me or more valuable.  I feel like player killing should be voluntary for both sides.

If you make your mmo have pvp thats fine, full loot, sure. Free for all?  It cant really become anything more than that imho.  Sure it can have a deep crafting system and a complex player driven economy.  There are mmos that have that already.  But when you add free for all full loot to the mix, it can never be more than that: amazing crafting and economy under the thumb of a ffa system.

I know that works for a lot of people.  But games like that have communities built on fear of death.  Friends are made through basic need of survival and communities are forged through huddled masses trying to stay alive.  There are other ways, more interesting ways imho, to build community.  If you'd like to call that carebear or whatever thats fine heh.  Doesn't make it any less valid.

thanks for reading.

But there are hundreds of MMO's out there that do that already, this one wants to be different and have non consent PvP ... 

If it is full loot, I hope it's a realistic carrying/weight/inventory system.  I have high hopes (from seeing the STR ratings for the different ores) so far.  This avoids people just running around trying to loot-sweet pea in combat, collecting 37 breastplates, and 21 swords etc. - because that's just stupid.  Looting should be a post-combat endeavor, otherwise, an extremely risky one.  If you're scrambling around carrying another full set of armor and weapons, how effective in combat do you think you'd be?

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

But there are hundreds of MMO's out there that do that already, this one wants to be different and have non consent PvP ... 

There are hundreds of crafting focused mmos?  Thats funny, most Ive come across are combat centric.  Perhaps there are hundreds of different combat centric mmos. And should we add this to that pile?

Full loot inventory and equipped items, with the exception that most of your armor gets destroyed on death. Meaning the looting player only gets a few pieces of your armor and everything in your inventory. This stops the economy from being flooded, it also keeps crafters busy.  Gear shouldn't make the player and it should be relatively easy to obtain. But just because it doesn't make the player, doesn't mean people will be inclined to run around naked.. make gear matter but don't make one set of gear 10x better than another... if that makes sense. You should be forced to wear gear, to avoid the naked battles that will surely ensue.. but it shouldn't be to the point where if I'm only using a copper sword I have absolutely no chance to beat a guy using a gold sword.

Crazy ex-girlfriends are like a box of chocolates...

They'll kill your dog.

thanks for reading.

Except it won't be a free for all.  Far from it.  Sure you can run up to and kill whoever you want, but in a social game like this, there will be consequences.  Have you taken a look at the Guild subforum yet?  There are dozens of old guilds from Shadowbane and several other games already united and ready to jump into this game at the first opportunity.  The odds of running into players who don't have friends that will be more than happy to pay you back will be fairly small.  It's a Guild vs Guild oriented game, and that's how it's going to be played.  It's not like DayZ where nobody you run into can be trusted at all.  People will have friends. 

There are hundreds of crafting focused mmos?  Thats funny, most Ive come across are combat centric.  Perhaps there are hundreds of different combat centric mmos. And should we add this to that pile?

My comment was focused to your comment on you hope that pvp was consent to pvp,,, which this game isn't

My comment was focused to your comment on you hope that pvp was consent to pvp,,, which this game isn't

Ah i see. That was a side note on the majority of my post. But i understand your point now. thanks

UO had durability loss and with each repair the max durability decreased. Eventually it was best to smelt the sword into ingots.

They ended up adding Powder of Fortification to raise the durability back up on items. It wasn't as bad as it sounds because those were only available from turning in Bulk Order Deeds by crafters so they will still part of the process.

I'm pretty sure there will be some form of loot which is good. I liked SB's inventory only loot system, though it did suck that people could delete their items when they knew they were about to die. I'd be ok with full loot, but in a game where you are going to die a lot items new gear would need to be easily obtained. Otherwise you create an unintended grindfest.

Shadowbane - Aflac 
Advocates of Evil - RIP

I don't like having to worry about getting new gear every time i die, however i do like consequence for death. I support the idea of full inventory drop and unrepairable equipped item damage. crappy crafter's make gear with low durability that lasts only a couple deaths, highly skilled crafters can make sets of armor that will last dozens of deaths.

thanks for reading.

Fear of death? It's a game!!!! What are you actually fearing??

y9tj8G5.png