Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Full Loot Confirmed? Hoping For An Answer!

Fear of death? It's a game!!!! What are you actually fearing??

Hm? I assumed we were talking about game design.  Did you think I was being literal?

Edited by foomerang

Could also be a split server situation, PVE and PVP. Would definitely open the door to more players who just want to craft and kill NPCs. As for me, full loot, now please.

"Not all who wander are lost."

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Could also be a split server situation, PVE and PVP. Would definitely open the door to more players who just want to craft and kill NPCs. As for me, full loot, now please.

split servers and I'm out... custard that nonsense

Considering the way servers are being done in this game, I'd say unlikely but not impossible.

I play the game for the PvP not to play Inventory Manager 2015. I don't want to have to grind to make sure my bank is stocked with 20 of each item before a siege.

Now if I could have gear summoned onto my body if it was available in my inventory I'd be more OK with full loot. I really want to avoid grinding, I like the idea of no repairs or chance to drop items to make it felt in the economy but I don't enjoy the hassle of one more step of prep before having to get to the fun part. 

Edited by hefe

I play the game for the PvP not to play Inventory Manager 2015. I don't want to have to grind to make sure my bank is stocked with 20 of each item before a siege.

Now if I could have gear summoned onto my body if it was available in my inventory I'd be more OK with full loot. I really want to avoid grinding, I like the idea of no repairs or chance to drop items to make it felt in the economy but I don't enjoy the hassle of one more step of prep before having to get to the fun part. 

killing people for loot IS the fun part..

back in SB, if we ever need gold or something.. we didn't "grind" or "farm pve mobs"... we headed to the desert and farmed LKK groups that were already farming gold. much more energy efficient :)

Edited by cias

I'd honestly like to have at least 1 server that has all the PvP systems the same, minus corpse looting. But if not, oh well I'll deal with it. I love everything about PvP, but full looting isn't super appealing. I've never been an MMO packrat, so storing backup gear is just a tedious thing IMO.

killing people for loot IS the fun part..

back in SB, if we ever need gold or something.. we didn't "grind" or "farm pve mobs"... we headed to the desert and farmed LKK groups that were already farming gold. much more energy efficient :)

I played SB for too many years. SB definitely had grinding, AFK macro groups and looting. Farming other people did work but really wasn't more efficient than an AFK loot macro. 

Anyway, I do want loot to drop, just not to the extent that I waste so much time managing all of it that I miss out on the fun part, killing people. I'm sure there will be a happy medium. Maybe they will come up with a full loot system that doesn't have much down time in between fights or hours of preparation a few rounds of fights.

I agree that killing for loot IS the fun part especially when killing someone when they just snatched the commander rune. 

I played SB for too many years. SB definitely had grinding, AFK macro groups and looting. Farming other people did work but really wasn't more efficient than an AFK loot macro. 

Anyway, I do want loot to drop, just not to the extent that I waste so much time managing all of it that I miss out on the fun part, killing people. I'm sure there will be a happy medium. Maybe they will come up with a full loot system that doesn't have much down time in between fights or hours of preparation a few rounds of fights.

I agree that killing for loot IS the fun part especially when killing someone when they just snatched the commander rune. 

oh man i disagree on the farming other people.. getting a group and heading to the parched isles to farm the afk LKK groups was way more fun and easier than actually farming/looting mobs over and over. or roll whoever was farming turtles. gold was easy to come by if you knew where people were farming :)

but overall i do agree with you, i hope the pve system is better than the one sb had. i don't want to see afk groups glitching behind a rock while a druid just EQ's everything to death.

Reading this thread make me really sad, people who want pvp and pve servers, people that is scared of getting attacked, people that think that gear is from redundant dungeon instances, others that want only partial loot, others that want consensual flagging pvp, stop please, i'm disgusted.

Hope ACE announce asap full loot and ffa pvp so all these dangerous (and ignorant) people will leave one time for all and back where they belong, to the themepark pve brawlers. :|

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

I'm definitely in support of full loot capabilities. If you don't have gear breaking or dropping then you run into the problem of having to come up with ideas to consistently be providing content that provides better gear with dungeons, pvp, raids, or providing crafting recipes to make better equipment. In my opinion without the rotation of our equipment and always having the same armor will lead to things becoming stale. In my opinion equipment either needs to break or drop or you're going to have to do things like other MMO's and always be adding instances of dungeons, raids, or some other unique way to bring in new gear/options.

I still feel as if full loot makes PvP less interesting than a partial system.  I still hold the "inventory loot + gear damage" as best.  Some reasoning:

1]  If it's full loot the vast majority of armor will be standardized.  You loot other players because you want backup sets - the loot itself is not interesting.  This is more tedium than anything.

2]  It forces crafting, to an extent, on everyone.  You can't just get back into a fight without having to have farmed/crafted a bit of items.  If items are less important, then everyone will have to craft up at least a few hundred basic sets over the early stages of the game.  

3]  Eventually when the economy stabilizes, the noobs quit, and everyone has stocked up their banks, dying basically means nothing.  You probably waste more time looting than they do re-gearing.  If they have special resources on them, or something, great - but that works in an inventory loot system anyhow.  And by now you're just used to 95% of the loot being utter garbage, and the tedium of having to individually sort through a bunch of worthless items when checking graves.

4]  You remove the ability to have a truly interesting and deep item system that has lots of progression.  If there are a massive amount of prefix/suffix, you can't really plan specialized groups of characters to take advantage of it like in SB - the time requirement for setting that up, on a regular basis, is just silly.  You need 500 suits of gear that have X enchants for situation A, but 500 more suits of gear that have Y enchants for situation B, and then 500 more suits of gear that have Z enchants for situation C.  Yea, that's probably not happening.

5]  You also remove the ability to have truly impactful deaths late-game (Extended point 3).  Interesting items are all about exponential curves.  1 week for basic armor, 1 month for good armor, 6 months for sweet armor, and 2 years for god-tier armor.  The "god-tier" armor may only be a few %s better than the previous, but in a PvP game every little edge is worth it.  Now how does this relate to full loot?  Well, you will never wear it for one.  Second, in a partial-loot with permanent damage, you can make the repair costs on this type of gear INSANE.  So when you kill someone you permanently damage their super-expensive stuff, AND cost them a ton of money.  You're actually doing more grief to them than a full-loot game.

6]  I don't want battlegrounds where you just respawn 2 feet away and run back in.  I also don't want a game where dying is synonymous with logging off.  Partial loot lets you get back into the fight right away, if it's nearby or there's a summon, and gives more of a back and forth feel to fights, while not feeling like some battleground meat-grinder.  Shadowbane did this amazingly - don't fit what wasn't broken imo.  I have yet to see a full loot game emulate this.  

I could keep going on, but whatever.  If the game is truly going to be full-loot it's not a break point for me.  It would just be annoying, if everything else is good.  Also, chill on the condescending remarks about "full loot" being what the real players do.  There has yet to be a highly competitive full loot game when it comes to GvG.  EVE is the closest thing, although its GvG is more akin to a spreadsheet battle.

Edited by frobobo

I could see hybrid approach.

You die = full inventory loot + one random equipped item + Thrall(crafting item). End of story.

Want to run back and get your stuff? Your choice but, you risk another equipped item to do it. 

This allows equipment to have more value but still provides a consequence (or reward depending on what side of the exchange you're on) for death. You are mad about the death but not crippled by it. 

Edited by skookum

Crowfall: The Official Game of

crowfallwiki.com

PVP and looting systems isn't just something you can add or take away as you please. They have to fundamentally be built into the game or they won't ever work right. It's the same way with permadeath. I would like a permadeath MMORPG one day, but I know that a game has to be designed ground up with it in mind. You can't just stick it in any game an expect a good experience.

The idea of having different rulesets for MMOs is ridiculous and not a worthy pursuit. The only reason PVP servers are asked for in PVE games is because there are a sheer lack of PVP dedicated fantasy MMORPGs on the market so we are forced to settle. Even then, the servers just don't work and the people who like PVP leave because it's a poor implementation.

Reading this thread make me really sad, people who want pvp and pve servers, people that is scared of getting attacked, people that think that gear is from redundant dungeon instances, others that want only partial loot, others that want consensual flagging pvp, stop please, i'm disgusted.

Hope ACE announce asap full loot and ffa pvp so all these dangerous (and ignorant) people will leave one time for all and back where they belong, to the themepark pve brawlers. :|

Pretty judgmental and vindictive post. If you can't accept that everyone won't like what you like, then you're perspective on it is flawed. And if all the "ignorant" players left now and/or stayed away, Crowfall would end up a tiny niche game less populated than Eve is. I would hope these dev's have their sights set higher than Eve's population.

eEvERiW.jpg

Pretty judgmental and vindictive post. If you can't accept that everyone won't like what you like, then you're perspective on it is flawed. And if all the "ignorant" players left now and/or stayed away, Crowfall would end up a tiny niche game less populated than Eve is. I would hope these dev's have their sights set higher than Eve's population.

Doubt it. Eve had 500,000 at one time (2013). Not sure their current pop. This game looks like 6 servers is their aim. If that's the case, I bet they would be ecstatic with 100k.

How does this relate to what happens to you after death?  Do you port to a safe spot or do you have to run back and get your body?  If you run back and you've had everything stolen what's to stop you from getting ganked over and over and killed over and over as you try to get back to your base/safety?

Now I'm aware that full loot can mean a number of things - but if in this case it means you lose all gear and inventory when out and about I can't help but wonder how anyone would be able to handle being killed and getting back to safety.

Also  - 15 million billion internet points for the many people in this thread that can spell lose correctly.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.