Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My hopes for the mooman

Deioth

I'm hoping we see rage for mana.  I'm hoping they're two hander weapon tanks with option for swords-and-board if anything.  I hope the mitigation explores a new kind of mechanic.  Personally, I am kind of hoping something like this:

Basically, you have a let's call it "Temperment" bar that starts in the middle and can be pushed in one direction or another, let's call them "Furious" and "Enduring".  Damage taken repeatedly, quickly, or in large chunks pushes the bar into the "Enduring" side, reducing incoming damage and enhancing protective and similar supportive abilities the harder it's pushed but also reducing your damage potential.  The Furious side increases damage caused and enhances offensive and similar supportive abilities but increases damage taken the harder it's pushed.  The idea would be that a smart minotaur would know when to go all out on the offensive and when to fight slow and steady and endure the punishment.  You'd have two skills that push towards their respective side up to a certain amount or a certain distance into that side, whichever comes first and would share a modest cooldown so you can switch it up a bit when necessary.  Alternatively, certain skills could work a bit differently depending on if you're on one extreme, in the middle, or the other extreme.  Like, maybe you have a Slam attack that shockwaves damage around you.  When neutral, it slows the enemies down.  While Enduring, it also applies a debuff to damage they cause against anyone but you.  When Furious, it also increases damage they take from only you.  Something to that effect, to give you guys the idea.

I would be cool if you could build the minotaur similar to how the Black Orc in Warhammer Age of Reckoning work, either as a super tank or a tank who could buff himself and others.

Just hopeful thinking

Well it looks like different tanks "tank" through different methods.  Knight and Myrmidon have mitigation listed on their archetypes page while Templar says dodge.  As for the buffing others, that's what supports are for. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png