Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

MobFall

Since I'm not a tester and only a voyeur (Twitch), I gotta say this game has really taken a weird turn. You see people dying everywhere to mobs. The mobs have an amazing aggro range and 2 mobs can absolutely destroy a full group. With 1 mob and 4 players, you're going to see everyone at half health the entire fight -- even with a lego.

Is this the direction of the game right now? Because this isn't play to crush. At this point, I'd rather just drag a bunch of mobs into my city and let them defend it, the mobs are so OP.

...I think you're taking this too far, it's just testing. I have watched a few videos and honestly I don't even mind the mobs at all and think they add flavor to the game's atmosphere. I actually hope there are plenty of mobs on servers that pose a threat and not just considered trash mobs. Even boss mobs that drop high level gear would force players or guilds to combat each other for the kill, right? I come from an SB background and I love PVP, believe me, so maybe they can put a potion in the shop that would make us invisible to mobs so we can concentrate on PVP instead. Think repel on pokemon!

tldr stop being a drama queen, dear.

There are definitely some weird bugs with mobs atm, aggro range + leashing issues, spiky damage (seen too many one-shots kills, heh). Lots of reports on this in the Testing forum. Needs some work for sure, but overall I like the extra danger the mobs add. You get situations like one group killing mobs, then another group rolls in, and chaos and death ensues  :lol: .

tiPrpwh.png

These mobs are very basic, if people are struggling with them it's important to test and see why. 

It's also important to test mobs and it has to get done...  Especially when voxels are involved mobs can be tough, as SOE/DBG found out with Landmark and EQN.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Since I'm not a tester and only a voyeur (Twitch), I gotta say this game has really taken a weird turn. You see people dying everywhere to mobs. The mobs have an amazing aggro range and 2 mobs can absolutely destroy a full group. With 1 mob and 4 players, you're going to see everyone at half health the entire fight -- even with a lego.

Is this the direction of the game right now? Because this isn't play to crush. At this point, I'd rather just drag a bunch of mobs into my city and let them defend it, the mobs are so OP.

Unless you get pulled into a wall by a skeleton and get one shot, there's no excuse to die to mobs. I've actually had zero issues at all with them, except for one team I had which continued fighting a mob while the hunger was closing in, and all of them died, leaving me alone. I think the mobs are fine. It's mostly a L2P issue.

.. I come from an SB background and I love PVP, believe me,

​People claimed this in Darkfall prior to release, too. I was shocked to see two fromer elite SB players handing me over the contents of their bank and quitting Darkfall after I killed both of them 25 times on a single day, claiming their possessions, sending them cute PMs and chasing one of them across the whole game map (south - north) for around 2 hours for 10 units of iron ore and a pickaxe he had on him, aside from the mount which died from a fantastic bow shot of mine- all while I was watching HIMYM. This soft-pvp was enough for them to call me mean things like "psycopath", "I bet u tortured animals in your childhood" or "IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT WITH THAT BOW YOU custard CHEATER!!!!!!!!!" on their way out, aside from their prior pleads like "dude stop, I will pay you" or "what is wrong with you?! Let us play the game man".

​So please, for the sake of your fellow SB players, don't make statements like these or people like me will take it as an invitation to come and play. :wub:

Edited by Qbs

Mobs shouldn't be an issue for coordinated groups.  Having 4 people run in 4 directions and drag back multiple mobs is a recipe for disaster.  But working together on 1 mob at a time and using the complete arsenal of each archetype makes short work of the mobs.  A nearby campfire doesn't hurt, which of course only adds to the PvP conflict for this very rudimentary POI.

rSHxVEY.gif

​People claimed this in Darkfall prior to release, too. I was shocked to see two fromer elite SB players handing me over the contents of their bank and quitting Darkfall after I killed both of them 25 times on a single day, claiming their possessions, sending them cute PMs and chasing one of them across the whole game map (south - north) for around 2 hours for 10 units of iron ore and a pickaxe he had on him, aside from the mount which died from a fantastic bow shot of mine- all while I was watching HIMYM. This soft-pvp was enough for them to call me mean things like "psycopath", "I bet u tortured animals in your childhood" or "IMPOSSIBLE TO HIT WITH THAT BOW YOU custard CHEATER!!!!!!!!!" on their way out, aside from their prior pleads like "dude stop, I will pay you" or "what is wrong with you?! Let us play the game man".

​So please, for the sake of your fellow SB players, don't make statements like these or people like me will take it as an invitation to come and play. :wub:

Ummmm . . .

Ok.

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

I'd actually like to see a whole lot more wham to the jam on mobs.  Both in agro range and AI.

Players are too used to the environment being a "non issue", for lack of a better way to put it, nowadays.  One of the reasons teamwork has gone rather . . . stale . . . and soft . . ., because it's not exercised as much. 

IMO anyway.

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Ummmm . . .

Ok.

​Gosh, I was just trying to say how awesome I am! Can't you at least say: "oh, wow, Qbs, you sure are hardcore, dude. I'm already scared" or something like that? 

Once we got used to the mobs being there they werent that bad. Just got to avoid that suprirse pull into a wall or steps and get one shot by the mobs.

Although it works in reverse also.

Rage Quit

The problem I saw with people fighting mobs mostly were that they were targeting a large group of NPC's without regard for their difficulty, or having a tank in the group.

When I saw a group of players attacking an elite leveled NPC, using Lego debuffs, with a Knight tanking with it's shield up it was done at no detriment to the group.

Edited by scribbles

[@--(o.O)@]

I really like the threat from the npcs, I want their AI fixed so they really show no mercy :)

You can get an idea of what's possible for the threat in winter when they start to ramp up and people outside the safety of their castles are asking for trouble.

Edited by oberon

I also really enjoyed the mobs. They added even more depth to the game. Sure, a few bad pulls and we were running away or watching a teammate not run away and die, heh. But it makes you pay attention to your surroundings. And you have to work as a team. I think a lot of the deaths people got were because they either pulled too many, or an elite with not enough people, or a healer and/or they just refused to use cooldowns. I died only once to mobs (that I recall) and it was when we charged into the loot room with all those mobs and I got stuck and couldn't move. That was also my own fault because I had a chest open and panicked trying to grab loot, close chest window, hit alt and then sprint away. :P But lesson learned.

I really like the threat from the npcs, I want their AI fixed so they really show no mercy :)

This is actually the one thing I disliked.  Sure, a good Knight can taunt them off with their 5 skill, however what I seemed to see were groups sitting back waiting for other players to engage NPC's before attacking.  It cheapens the PVP experience, imo.

I'd be in favor of removing all of the NPC's from the castle area, and keeping them outside.

[@--(o.O)@]

Jup, I played as a knight this weekend, and once you learn the animation tells (not just the red eye attacks) they hardly deal any damage at all.

Well apart from the buggy velocity damage when chain pulled that is :P

Edited by jerodar

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png