Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

MobFall

One-liner. Thanks.

I've linked multiple threads with testers having problems with mob difficulty. Simply making a statement with no proof is just you blowing smoke. I've played 1.1.

Oh yea you played 1.1?? Too bad that's hogwash when you started the thread saying "Since I'm not a tester and only a voyeur (Twitch)". Lol good to know your full of poorly made socks.

Edited by rekswez

Oh yea you played 1.1?? Too bad that's hogwash when you started the thread saying "Since I'm not a tester and only a voyeur (Twitch)". Lol good to know your full of poorly made socks.

Check this account. Does it say tester? Nope. Like I said, on this account I'm not a tester. Grats on hitting double digit post count.

Check this account. Does it say tester? Nope. Like I said, on this account I'm not a tester. Grats on hitting double digit post count.

Make whatever excuses you want :) We all know you're a liar.

Liar? This account isn't a tester and you just hit double digits.Come on fanboy, bump that post count on me.

Just as dense as earlier I see. Obviously the account you're posting with isn't a tester account, duh. You saying you have an account that you use for testing is a lie. You're the one who cares about post count dude. Like IGAF.

Just as dense as earlier I see. Obviously the account you're posting with isn't a tester account, duh. You saying you have an account that you use for testing is a lie. You're the one who cares about post count dude. Like IGAF.

my favorite people in the world: those who keep saying "idgaf", but if they didn't give one -- why do they keep giving one? They care enough to make a post stating they don't give af, but the people who truly don't give af -- just don't. You'd never know. When in reality, if you give af so much to make your own t-shirt line -- you give af more than anyone else in the world.

Just as dense as earlier I see. Obviously the account you're posting with isn't a tester account, duh. You saying you have an account that you use for testing is a lie.

​This is like saying: "until you put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, there is no way of proving that you'll die doing that"

​Some game mechanics can be observed while watching the videos, as they are based on a concept and don't need to be judged by the feeling while playing the game.

​It's like making someone's opinion more worth because he's a development partner or a gold backer or something like that, which basically comes down to: "your opinion is wrong unless you payed more money".

communist logic with capitalistic arguments.

​n1

Edited by Qbs

At least 'appeasing to the devs' for senpai to notice you works out of the box, right? ;)

Who would that be?

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

​Gosh, I was just trying to say how awesome I am! Can't you at least say: "oh, wow, Qbs, you sure are hardcore, dude. I'm already scared" or something like that? 

Everyone loves telling their old stories about how they took +1 rat daggers from n00bs and made them rage-quit.  But I think Crowfall is going to be a different kind of game.  People will be so busy trying to take and hold objectives to win campaigns they won't have time to chase people across the game world sending hate tells.  However, this is just a guess.

Edited by cemya

Seemed to me group composition had a lot to do with mob difficulty. Anytime I was in a balanced group ie Knight and Leg to support and Confessor/Champ to DPS, mobs seem to die rather fast. But when groups were stacked to either one class or not enough support it become harder to deal with.

and yeah I think players taking the mobs lightly might have something to do with it as well, you have to debuff/CC them all like you would players, can't just left click attack until they die and expect to be successful.

Normally I'd argue this sorta comment, but in this case, he's right. They made them... too smart, and or powerful. Mainly powerful I'd say. The ones they fought in the sprint video seemed WAY easier. They went down super quick. In game, they are just as hard as players, and for not a good payoff. Your team of 4 struggles to take down a single hellcat and in the end you get maybe boots and a helmet that are okay, and 3 of your teammates get cheated out armor. 

More people are dying to a combination of severe lag and mobs than actual players. We are testing combat, and first and foremost, the hardware needed to run crowfall fluently seems ridiculous for what we have so far (this isn't even large sieges, severe effects or destruction, just 40 players running on a flat map), and the OP mobs don't help. Sure they let you practice your skills but even from what I've seen, Crowfall's combat seems more like spamming 4 on a lot of the archetypes and maybe one other ability. Centaurs are notorious for this, but even the Knight seems to be leaning toward this with 4 being the most OP attack and all the combos additionally using 4.

My experience hasn't been quite so rough as some here seem to have had.  Given a decent group comp (legionnaire helps a lot) and good coordination with your teammates, fighting the mobs hasn't been too tough; I've fought up to three mobs at once (as a group) without too much trouble.  Sure, they are not easily solo-able, but I'm ok with that as it is inline with the dangerous world that ACE seems to be aiming for.

As for whether they should have been added in when they were, I think the Doctor brought up a good point in that we really don't know what all ACE is working on developing at any given time.  Yes the mobs came out before some much needed performance fixes and client side controls, but it is still something that needed to be built and tested; it's quite likely that multiple pieces are being developed in parallel, so seeing one aspect of the game released doesn't mean all other parts are being ignored.  Combat is still getting tested (and yes fighting mobs is combat), so if the NPC's aren't quite balanced right now, I think that's ok.

Its not that PVE is hard once people actually understand how to play, its when PVEVP happens that the experience gets bad.

I get wanting to make them hard to kill, but their damage is way to high - especially when they can crit for 6.3k like in the screenshot I posted.

PvP with overly strong NPCs always sucks. I would go the moba route and make their leash ranges way smaller and damage less.

Its not that PVE is hard once people actually understand how to play, its when PVEVP happens that the experience gets bad.

I get wanting to make them hard to kill, but their damage is way to high - especially when they can crit for 6.3k like in the screenshot I posted.

PvP with overly strong NPCs always sucks. I would go the moba route and make their leash ranges way smaller and damage less.

I've never really found that to be the case (your last sentence).  Give me some scenarios you've experienced so I get sync'd up with what your experience has been.

In my experience "hard" mobs simply became part of the virtual world.  No different than a day/night cycle, LOS enabled or not (depending on the game) for trees/rocks, or what have you.

It caused BOTH parties in a PvP face-off to have to THINK about the environment prior to engaging.  There was no ez-mode on the map, meaning deaf/dumb/blind/easily trashed manikin mobs weren't the norm.

What I hope is NOT the case in Crowfall is the deaf/dumb/blind/ridiculously weak mob paradigm.  Current descriptions suggest this isn't going to be the case, at least in the mid to later stages of a CW's life-cycle due to mobs becoming more dangerous.

In my mind however, it's far, far, MORE than simply the power level of the mob.  I see simply packing on more HP, more damage reductions, more CC immunities, and huge, slathering helpings of DPS, both single target and AoE . . .

. . . as being a little too simplistic.  Assuming that's what we are talking about.

I want to see the raw power level / durability of mobs calibrated to "make sense" of course.

What I want to see MORE of in Crowfall are mobs that actually act intelligently, and less a case of deaf/dumb/blind manikin constructs.

The CONDUCT of the mobs and how they react to the environment, their "reasons" for being there per the Lore, as well as their ability to REACT to the Living Threat come to their collapsing world (us) is, to me, more important.

The two MUST work together of course:  Power/Durability calibration + Conduct.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin