Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warcrimes

Since this thread is locked...I had to make a new one.

Seems the insensitivities has gotten a grasp on the little mod team that runs this shop...now even using other player's avatars and signatures are grounds for warnings and suspensions not just "official" ones. I think this is bull.

Using the avatar and forum signature of other community members without their permission is trolling, and trolling a violation of the Rules of Conduct. Please select another avatar and forum signature immediately. Failure to do so within 12 hours from the time of this notification will result in an immediate forum suspension of at least 24 hours during which you will have plenty of time to select a new avatar and signature. .

now even using other player's avatars and signatures are grounds for warnings and suspensions not just "official" ones. I think this is bull.

There is only one reason why you do it and it's called trolling. Legitimate reason for a warning imo.

Edit: Seems you already found the rule yourself.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

There is only one reason why you do it and it's called trolling. Legitimate reason for a warning imo.

An avatar is an avatar...and a signature is a signature. Very trivial...but I expected such a response from one of the thin-skinned that lurk in this forum

Is this where I stand in line to register my avatar and signature? I'd also like to report this dirty shrew I found in an attic hiding with one of my previously registered avatars:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/user/19676-raptorfactor/

This guy obviously copied my avatar back in March when he registered and I was rocking this avatar.

Then there was that time where Primal stole my name, avatar, and signature.

And I stole courant's.

And I stole Checkyotrack's.

But it wasn't illegal then.

I'd also like to report the entirety of the following guilds for stealing each other's avatars: LoD, Lanterns Watch, Serrated, and Wehrmacht Those-shall-not-be-named.

Every single one of your posts is seemingly an attempt to gain some sort of moral superiority. Yes, we know you are an unbending rule follower. No, using an avatar or signature is not some high crime worthy of a warning point. You people have been appearing in my forum sigs since day one. If we really are at the point where duplicating someones avatar and sigs are cause for moderation this community really isn't worth the effort anymore. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Kindly elaborate on how this would be trolling?

Perhaps someone said something comical. Is it trolling if you decide to make it a signature?

Honestly. Some of you need to take your feelings off this forum. You're the cancer that is rotting out the community. You're the concrete reason for such hostility. Why can't you be reasonable and just simply accept how a typical regular internet forum works? 

This shouldn't be an issue for the simplest of reasons. Let's say I joined Lantern's Watch. I'm stoked, so I rock the sig and avatar. Then, I have a falling out with Lantern's Watch or I don't want to participate in the costume contest -- or whatever.

So, I get booted from LW. But are the anonymods, or even worse the paid mods, going to run around reporting people's sigs that are no longer in their guild? Are the thought police going to check active membership with 7thBeacon to confirm if someone is a member or not?

If you take people reporting this seriously, then you're encouraging something worse than trolling. You're indirectly creating more of a workload for yourself and setting a precedent. Pressing the report button caused more trolling than copying someone's sig and avatar ever did.

@canth

3cc16fe55d2d200f90dcc0ffa47ec297.png

So this is trolling correct? 

This is warning point worthy?

Explain. 

Go ahead. I'll wait. I never saw headlight give him explicit permission to screenshot that. So thus it is trolling. Yes?

And before you ragingly type out your post of how insensitive I am and how I'm trolling. Kindly understand that you are under some false pretense that you have actually seen active trolling. This is real talk. So kindly keep it to real talk and don't go spamming the report button because you're incapable of an actual response. 

Yes I know how your types work. I've been lurking for quite a bit. 

So this is how bad it has become, huh?

I go away for a few months and Panncakes is still at the helm slipping further into psychopathy. Yeesh.

Good luck with your game there boys and girls... it's going to be horrible at this rate.

If we really are at the point where duplicating someones avatar and sigs are cause for moderation this community really isn't worth the effort anymore.

Not everybody is a rebel. Nobody is forcing you to be here or even stay.

Kindly elaborate on how this would be trolling?

He is using a signature from a guild he is not being part of. He also using an avatar that has been used by someone else since day one. He changed both at the same time while being in a discussion. For me it is clear, his intention is to troll those involved. Seems like the mod also agreed with it.

Btw. I did not report him. I just agree with the mod. I think he/she made the right call. In this case. If someone would use my guild's signature and not be in my guild I would have reported him/her too.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Not everybody is a rebel. Nobody is forcing you to be here or even stay.

He is using a signature from a guild he is not being part of. He also using an avatar that has been used by someone else since day one. He changed both at the same time while being in a discussion. For me it is clear, his intention is to troll those involved. Seems like the mod also agreed with it.

Btw. I did not report him. I just agree with the mod. I think he/she made the right call. In this case. If someone would use my guild's signature and not be in my guild I would have reported him/her too.

So if you're incapable of a sense of humor. You throw troll around in an attempt to belittle and down someone? I mean. I understand where you keep your broomstick. But what if the rest of us just keep it leaning in the corner? Why do we have to subscribe to your terribly terribly narrow view of the world? 

So. 

@Canth. Let's call fair's fair. For every time you disagree with the Hardcore PvP crowd, You and "majority" group of carebears. I'm going to do as you all do to us. I'm going to report you for trolling. Afterall. 

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

So thus. You're disagreeing and causing argument. That means you are a troll. You've gotten away with far too long with belittling and downgrading the hardcore pvp crowd for showing their passion. So I guess we turn your weapons against you. For every post you and your crowd make that contradicts the pvp crowd. I'll report it. Every one of them. They'll be reported for trolling and personal attacks. Because at the end of the day. Throwing around the name troll is insulting when you guys use it for every little point ever made in any debate ever done on these forums.

Cool? Cool. 

1. Sharing avatars and forum signatures as a consensual show of solidarity among a guild or group is fine. Snatching other people's images as a means of trolling them is not okay. 

2. To contest a warning point, contact support@artcraftent.com. 

Locking this thread because it should not have been started in the first place. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community