Combat System  

966 members have voted

1. 1. What combat system do you want?

• Tab Targetting
    • Action Based (with hotbars)
    • Action Based (withOUT hotbars)
    • Action Based (Random Deck System)
    • Action Based with Active Blocking
    • Something totally different (Please post your reason below)

Crowfall should support Kinect, so when fighting you actually have to perform the moves you see in the game, and if you play an armored warrior you have to carry sword and wear a 100 lbs backpack, and Gamemasters will watch you over an IP camera to ensure you do not cheat. So you make sure you never play naked. Only under such conditions real gaming skill will be involved in the game. if it is anything less then what I suggested I quit !!!!

Action based? Active blocking? Go play sky rim. Get out of here.

Look kids! It's a walking, talking, active fossil! An ancient reminder of the terrible combat systems that have been plaguing MMOs for years!

Gtfo with your Runescape (and Shadowbane) combat.

I went with the something different route as I'd prefer a hybrid. A thought of another archaic fully tab target WoW/Rift game with 5 hotbars full of macros and skills just feels MEH. Soft tab targetting would be okay as long as things are more actiony, ie less standing there spamming a rotation ala WoW or other such games. I want the combat to feel alive and some of the action systems, like ESO or other games, missed the mark. Some by a mile others much closer. A nice hybrid concept that actually gets some true focus to make melee fighting not suck and to make ranged fighting not be XxYolonoscope360HeadshotalldayxX, but also not have homing capabilities like ESO, is needed. 

GW2 felt okay but too limited. I liked that different weapons had different skillsets (as they should because different weapons have different purposes) and that should be reflected in a game. 

ESO's (and other games) left/right mouse button system for basic actions would be nice but the rest of the mechanics would need work. Maybe blending it more with DA:I.

Wildstar was okay as a hybrid but the themeparkness is probably what drove me away from it.

Anyways.. a soft tab targetting system with some basic action and only needing about 2 action bars for roughly 10-15 actions for weapon specific and class/skill sets and an alternative swap for a second weapon style / skillset totaling up to 20-30 unique actions and 2 basic actions would feel right to me.

Crowfall should support Kinect, so when fighting you actually have to perform the moves you see in the game, and if you play an armored warrior you have to carry sword and wear a 100 lbs backpack, and Gamemasters will watch you over an IP camera to ensure you do not cheat. So you make sure you never play naked. Only under such conditions real gaming skill will be involved in the game. if it is anything less then what I suggested I quit !!!!

Yes.

Look kids! It's a walking, talking, active fossil! An ancient reminder of the terrible combat systems that have been plaguing MMOs for years!

Gtfo with your Runescape (and Shadowbane) combat.

Hahaha says the woman who voted for active blocking. You couldnt handle sb. Might not be able to handle rs either ; )

I feel like if you were using kinetic with clothes on it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Can just imagine it would be like chatty roulette. (If ya know what i mean) haha

I personally would love to see a different form of Turn based system.

What is a turned based hardcore PvP mmo supposed to look like?

Hahaha says the woman who voted for active blocking. You couldnt handle sb. Might not be able to handle rs either ; )

You're an idiot. Stop pretending that Shadowbane was "hardcore". You didn't even lose your gear when you died.

I played Darkfall. You know, where you lost EVERYTHING when you died. And where you actually had to aim your abilities, instead of pointing and clicking and watching the game play itself.

Smoked. Next. Cya nerd.

You're an idiot. Stop pretending that Shadowbane was "hardcore". You didn't even lose your gear when you died.

I played Darkfall. You know, where you lost EVERYTHING when you died. And where you actually had to aim your abilities, instead of pointing and clicking and watching the game play itself.

Smoked. Next. Cya nerd.

It's called washed up gamer syndrome... or wugs... it's when people think their time was the pinnacle of skillful pvp but they sit there keyboard turning when someone circle strafes around them...

Im too old for my comment to have value, but the GW2 "action-combat" style doesn't work for me as an MMO mechanic. I am also stressing the difference between MMO and MMORPG. Where I'm hoping this game caters to the latter. If it does the combat mechanic should be engaging without being overwhelming. Real-time action takes away from the role playing element.  It is when combat allows you to have freedom to select what you want to do when you want to do it that makes me want to progress forward and continue to log on.

I feel like if you were using kinetic with clothes on it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Can just imagine it would be like chatty roulette. (If ya know what i mean) haha

LAWL I MADE SO MUCH SENSE.

Crowfall%20Riphotsuma.png

I would like to see a mixture of TERA and ESO. The combat from both of these games were interesting and allowed for a more rewarding experience when you beat an opponent in PvP.

I think combat style like in TERA would fit perfectly, we have dashes for some classes (for example knight has 2) and block for the big and bulky classes, the number dashes/blocks you get is locked by your class and may be increased only by getting some legendary item that has some trade-off's to get another dash/block, which would make gameplay more interesting and provide a lot of choices in making unique playstyle

Edited by iceshiver

I liked how Wildstar did there combat. I also think AoC was a rather engaging combat system with the combos. A combination of that could be interesting. Just please, please, please no stinking WoW clone again!

Not a big fan of FP melee, leave that for the shooter games please.

Definitely not a hot-bar. It should be something based off skill when it comes to combat. Not something about how fast you can hit keys and stuff, or how many times you can click your mouse on someone.

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/