Combat System  

966 members have voted

1. 1. What combat system do you want?

• Tab Targetting
    • Action Based (with hotbars)
    • Action Based (withOUT hotbars)
    • Action Based (Random Deck System)
    • Action Based with Active Blocking
    • Something totally different (Please post your reason below)

If I wanted to play a shooter I would.  If I wanted to play an MMO shooter I would be back on Darkfall.  That's too much of a niche market to keep and grow a healthy population.  The market this game seems to be catering to is a bunch of old school gamers who are looking for something we haven't had in 20 years.  Its awesome, but if you force them into playing shooter types you will end up having the top 10% of twitch kids pooping on the rest and driving them off the game. (like Darkfall)

Darkfall was amazing alot of the people i knew who quit left because the poorly made socks company known as Aventurine Handled everything horribly 

I like this fighting game style combat:

I'm not talking about the asian style graphics or effects, but just the focus on positioning/movement and chaining together of abilities to make combos, fighting game style.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I like this fighting game style combat:

I'm not talking about the asian style graphics or effects, but just the focus on positioning/movement and chaining together of abilities to make combos, fighting game style.

Crazy looking game, I heard about it, combat is crazy twitchy though

I'd like to see essentially a real time turn-based combat system. Basically one significant action every 2-3 seconds, no silly button mashing and no silly set ability rotations needed to maximize dps. Strategy choices like attacking or casting a heal, standing ground or fleeing at top speed, attacking with precision or attacking with maximized damage.  Not some annoying rotation that any brainless macro program can easily follow while annoying legit players with mindless micro.

Anything that rewards jumping or circle-strafing or running around pillars and you got a game I simply won't play and will tell all my friends to avoid, because if you want that sort of experience you can play any one of dozens of games on the market that already use those exact mechanics.

I mean, if someone wants a real pvp experience with aimed attacks and crap, they can play Darkfall- the game already exists.  Or they can play mortal online.

The untapped niche market is for an excellent pvp experience that is based around strategy, rather than twitch reactions.

I'd like to see essentially a real time turn-based combat system. Basically one significant action every 2-3 seconds, no silly button mashing and no silly set ability rotations needed to maximize dps. Strategy choices like attacking or casting a heal, standing ground or fleeing at top speed, attacking with precision or attacking with maximized damage.  Not some annoying rotation that any brainless macro program can easily follow while annoying legit players with mindless micro.

Anything that rewards jumping or circle-strafing or running around pillars and you got a game I simply won't play and will tell all my friends to avoid, because if you want that sort of experience you can play any one of dozens of games on the market that already use those exact mechanics.

I mean, if someone wants a real pvp experience with aimed attacks and crap, they can play Darkfall- the game already exists.  Or they can play mortal online.

The untapped niche market is for an excellent pvp experience that is based around strategy, rather than twitch reactions.

GTFO.nerd.

While I hate jump strafers as well, disagree on turn based. Hope to be looking at something with an end goal of 100 vs. 100 sieges. While 10 v 10's had their place in shadowbane, the only thing more epic than a shadowbane siege was the lag and sb.exe's. That's not proof that 100 v 100 sieges can't be done. It's done right now on one emulator of a 10 year old game.