Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
theomancer

Excited for the political sandbox themes of Crowfall? There's a way to satiate it while we wait!

I love the new home page redesign that the Crowfall team has put together. While I was going through the page carefully, and looking at all the main defining and exciting features we're looking forward to, I noticed some similarities to another contemporary title. Harvesting resources, building your own castle, sieging enemy castles, crafting your armaments, territory control, different rulesets for different server shards... Not to mention the diplomacy, alliances, backstabbing, and server political intrigue.

While Crowfall executes all of these meta-themes in the MMORPG genre, there's another game that captures this same ethos of gameplay in the FPS genre: Rust! While it's easy to highlight the profound differences between an MMORPG and an FPS title, the broader themes of the political-sandbox gameplay are all there -- even the ability to build and destroy fortresses!

So I threw together this mock-up of the Crowfall homepage, highlighting the very same features but captured in Rust, as well. Maybe it will encourage some of you guys who haven't taken a look at Rust yet to take a peek while we wait!

3h3p7lP.png

aS52sKM.jpg

It could go in the "other games" forum, true. But it's not meant to be a generic discussion about another game, like: "Anyone else play Starcraft? Cool!"

It's very specifically talking about the meta-dynamics and gameplay of Crowfall itself, very specifically. So it could go here in that way, too.

But regardless, the point isn't so much "look at the art!" as "look at the gameplay theme similarities!" How cool would it be to have a whole Crowfall-themed server filled with Crowfall backers and such? etc.

aS52sKM.jpg

It could go in the "other games" forum, true. But it's not meant to be a generic discussion about another game, like: "Anyone else play Starcraft? Cool!"

It's very specifically talking about the meta-dynamics and gameplay of Crowfall itself, very specifically. So it could go here in that way, too.

But regardless, the point isn't so much "look at the art!" as "look at the gameplay theme similarities!" How cool would it be to have a whole Crowfall-themed server filled with Crowfall backers and such? etc.

I'm just pointing out that the way you presented this topic is conceptually quite similar to most of the threads in the Other Games forum.  "You like this sort of game, so check this one out while waiting for Crowfall".

I think what identifies this to me, is you aren't wanting to just talk about the similarities of the two games but are wanting to get Crowfall members to go play Rust together, which would belong in the other games forum.

It's not my call to handle this stuff, just pointing out how I read the OP.

We can see you put a lot of effort into this, but I'm afraid we need to lock the thread. Please don't combine images and content from our IP with someone else's. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community