Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Titles based on actions

I know that crowfall is going to have titles.

If I may suggest that titles be implemented with similarity to Ultima.

Where your actions decided your title.  I believe it was called a karma or a fame system they implemented.  For example:

If you killed a difficult monster you gained good karma and fame.  A balance of good karma and fame earned you a noble title as follows:

"The Great"name

"The Honorable"name

"The Great Lord"name

If you killed a player of good karma this in turn also effected your karma and fame, giving you a more evil title such as follows:

"The evil"name

"The sinister"name

"The murderer"name

I just dislike earning titles through achievements that you can put on and off at will.  Say for example you earn a title of "King"  you shouldnt be able to go inactive for a year to come back and still hold such a great title.  Titles should mean something.  If you prefer to be a hero maybe allow that player access to certain vendors or gear that only a hero can wear.  If you were to be an evil player maybe remove access to other features.  Maybe allow Eternal Kingdoms the option of allowing only certain titles to visit that realm.  I dont know what the answer is other than making a players title more of a just a useless word above your head.

For your consideration.

The current title system that they have planned is based upon the size of your EK. Better rulers have titles like King, Arch Duke, etc. Lower tier rulers are Barons or Counts. That kind of covers what your looking for in basing it off of achievement, though it doesn't cover combat achievement. I also assume that if your leave for a long time, your EK will likely fall into ruin, as we know that you have to maintain buildings. That will probably lead to loss of title. If you want custom titles, that may be up to your guild.

Edited by Infynis

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

I know that crowfall is going to have titles.

If I may suggest that titles be implemented with similarity to Ultima.

Where your actions decided your title.  I believe it was called a karma or a fame system they implemented.  For example:

If you killed a difficult monster you gained good karma and fame.  A balance of good karma and fame earned you a noble title as follows:

"The Great"name

"The Honorable"name

"The Great Lord"name

If you killed a player of good karma this in turn also effected your karma and fame, giving you a more evil title such as follows:

"The evil"name

"The sinister"name

"The murderer"name

I just dislike earning titles through achievements that you can put on and off at will.  Say for example you earn a title of "King"  you shouldnt be able to go inactive for a year to come back and still hold such a great title.  Titles should mean something.  If you prefer to be a hero maybe allow that player access to certain vendors or gear that only a hero can wear.  If you were to be an evil player maybe remove access to other features.  Maybe allow Eternal Kingdoms the option of allowing only certain titles to visit that realm.  I dont know what the answer is other than making a players title more of a just a useless word above your head.

For your consideration.

​absolutely agree. I wouldn't just stop there, since "positive" titles are only worth to carry if there are negative ones as well:

e.g.: ​players with a negative k/d-ration should be instantly renamed (against their will) to : X the baddie or X the greater lootbag. This works best when additionally color-coding nick names. X the baddie in a faint grey tone would visually hint to others that this player probably doesn't carry any greater loot and is going to die very quickly. Whereas a bright red Qbs the Face Hammer, earned by a k/d of no less than 100/1 indicates: yes, that guy is awesome and probably carries awesome loots.

​I want this.

Titles are pretty standard in MMOs these days, so I'm sure you'll be able to earn them in-game from various things.

As for involuntary pejorative titles? I'm willing to bet we won't be seeing those.