Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Anonymods Infiltrated?

There has been a lot of weird things going down recently. This image is circulating. Can we have a public discussion on it's contents and what, if any, action will be taken? 

SlMNevH.jpg

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Forgot to add the source: http://www.thedregs.net/topic/351-is-this-a-forum/#comment-4474

More interesting things in the thread. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

What is the point and why should anyone care?  After reading the linked thread, I probably would attempt to care even less.

I think the point is that people are seemingly using alts to gain anonymod accounts for malicious purposes and are unfairly targeting players.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Perhaps this method of moderation isn't great for a game that will be rife with (game related) political undertones.  Whether it's real or not, I'm not sure you can necessarily trust mods from the community.  Not an indictment of anyone in particular.  Most people's interest in becoming a mod probably has to do with power, seems like those that would be responsible are probably going to be somewhat rare.

That seems like a tall claim from some partial, super edited version of a picture from some random IRC, referencing only a single username alias that exists on the internet.  What if that isn't even in regards to this forum.  Even then who even cares.  Seems like 1999 overblown paranoia.

Seems like people are to self involved in things that aren't real.  Jet fuel melts IP addresses.

edit: thedregs is running an IPS version full of admin exploits and various other attacks, I wouldn't consider it a valid source of information to begin with unless they can properly run an internet outlet.

Edited by facerip

edit: thedregs is running an IPS version full of admin exploits and various other attacks, I wouldn't consider it a valid source of information to begin with unless they can properly run an internet outlet.

Show me on the doll where thedregs.net touched you. These forums run IPS and until recently they couldn't even add a captcha.

That seems like a tall claim from some partial, super edited version of a picture from some random IRC, referencing only a single username alias that exists on the internet.  What if that isn't even in regards to this forum.  Even then who even cares.  Seems like 1999 overblown paranoia.

Seems like people are to self involved in things that aren't real.  Jet fuel melts IP addresses.

What is the point and why should anyone care?  After reading the linked thread, I probably would attempt to care even less.

You reply twice in 11 minutes, first to claim how much you don't care, then a second time to try and discredit the post and dismiss the idea as paranoid.

The lady doth protest too much, me thinks... 

So, which one of those names is you then?

aka honeybear

The IRC chat log mentions two names of members and the community manager. It also mentions site functionality(WPs, rotating moderations) yet Facerip questions whether it even has to do with this forum. 

SWrkfdj.jpg

SWrkfdj.jpg

We all can sleep better thanks to your vigilant effort  :P

Love these popcorn thread. Been awhile since the last one.

At least the experts now have more data to go through. Given enough funding and careful study of these individuals maybe we'll figure out what compels them to shoot up elementary schools.

The beta uprising is upon us. I fear for the lives of myself and the other normies.

uIkMEuu.jpg

Anyone that plays the game shouldn't be given any game affecting powers.  Obviously the devs are exempt.  Guild-affiliated mods, especially if they have in-game abilities, should not be possible, imo.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png